JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am finally getting the $$ together to buy a lift and am looking very seriously at the Rock Krawker 5.5 X Factor Mid Arm. My main reason for the RK is that I want to run 37's and REALLY do not want to spring the extra $$ for a long arm. Those long arms can run twice what I can buy the mid arm for.
Anyway, has anyone else used RK before? Any issues? Good, bad I would like to hear it as long as it is not an emotional rant, just facts.
Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If your not planning on running anything above 37's, then a bolt on Short Arm kit should be fine. Our bolt on 4.5" "Short Arm" kit fits 37's and has plenty of flex. Stock JK arms are very long to begin with, so "Short Arm" kits have plenty of off road performance as well as great on road manners.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna stick with the 37's for now. If I go any bigger I will have to rebuild the axles and am not ready to do that just yet. Thanks for the info.:beer:

A

·
0 Posts
I’m running a 4 ½ inch Poly Performance Synergy III lift with 37s and really like how it came out a lot. 4 door JKs look perfect IMHO on 37s :). The Poly lift is more like a 5.5” lift but I’ll lose a little when I add bumpers and armor I expect. Like a lot of others I think a “short” arm kit is fine on a JK up to 37s.

To do 37s right you want adjustable upper and lower control arms, track bar relocation brackets, decent shocks, high steer drag link, aftermarket drive shafts, HD steering stabilizer and gears (I went with 5.13). It’s not cheap but if you do it right the first time it will save you $s down the road. You can do the high steer drag link, gears, steering stabilizer and rear drive shaft as a second phase but I’d say you need the rest from the get go.

FWIW even with a JE real front drive shaft I still had to grind part of the factory skid plate and the factory shaft wouldn’t last 5 minutes on a trail.

Sorry don’t know much about the RK Lifts.

Next time you’re in the Denver Tech center area you’re more than welcome to come over and take a closer look at mine if you want.

I’m by no means an expert but I’ve read a lot on-line and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a few times ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a link to the lift I want to get.
http://www.rockkrawler.com/
Thanks for all the info. I do hope to see you either on the trail or in town and maybe we can do some comparrisons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts