JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Rubi and am currently running the 3.5 mid arm flex kit. I am wondering if i could buy the Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Long Arm Upgrade and everything would be there that i would need? What else would i need to make the upgrade?

Thanks yall

· Registered
562 Posts
Yes, it will have all the parts you need.

If you plan to do it yourself. You will need a welder, grinder, and a cutting torch makes getting the brackets off easier. Exhaust modification may be needed, so expect that ahead of time.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it will have all the parts you need.

If you plan to do it yourself. You will need a welder, grinder, and a cutting torch makes getting the brackets off easier. Exhaust modification may be needed, so expect that ahead of time.
Can you tell me more about the exhaust rerouting that would need to be done?

· Registered
76 Posts
Can you tell me more about the exhaust rerouting that would need to be done?
The exhaust will need to be rerouted in the front on the driver's side near the crossmember. The long arm brackets for the driver's side front control arms will not be able to be installed until the exhaust is moved more toward the center of the Jeep. The exhaust currently runs close to the frame rail and doesn't provide enough clearance for the control arm bracket.

· Registered
456 Posts
Can you tell me more about the exhaust rerouting that would need to be done?[/QUOTE

I had a company do my exhaust and they f---ed it up, had to re do it myself after wasting a shit load of money...

so learn from my mistake.... re-route the crossover pipe behind the xmember under the T-case Which is what RK reccomends. Some things to consider, try to keep the new pipe tucked in as far away from the front control arm mounts as possible so 1. the bushings dont heat up and 2. you can get to the bolts. Also I added some flat flanges after the cats and a ball flange after the Y connection so the Y pipe section iscompletely removable without having to pull the whole system from the manifolds. This will make your life alot easier down the road when it's time for maintenence.

Have fun, I love my RK setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.