·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at 2 lifts

ROCK KRAWLER JK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM SYSTEM

and the

ROCK KRAWLER JK 3.5 X FACTOR PLUS MID ARM SYSTEM

So I know I'm getting one of these the first is a 4 link and the plus is a 3 link, whats the difference and is one better then the other and are there any cons to each. Thanks

PS not worried about install just performance and drivability.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
The three link is the only difference in these systems.

The three link rear will articulate with less binding. It will still handle well on the road, but might take a little getting used to if you've never had a three link.

Can't go wrong either way! Don't forget to check out the 3.5 Max Travel as well, you get the Ultimate Steering Package at a steep discount with that system.

Marcus

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
For driveability better highway driveability, the 3.5" Max. Travel Followed by the 3.5" X Factor is the best of them. For off-road articulation, the 3.5" X Factor Plus is the most balanced. The trade off's are noticeable on the highway. Hope that helps.

RK

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The three link is the only difference in these systems.

The three link rear will articulate with less binding. It will still handle well on the road, but might take a little getting used to if you've never had a three link.

Can't go wrong either way! Don't forget to check out the 3.5 Max Travel as well, you get the Ultimate Steering Package at a steep discount with that system.

Marcus
Marcus I see a Max travel 2.5 not a 3.5 on your site, it that the one you mean. Also can you tell me about the steering package. Thanks.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
Marcus I see a Max travel 2.5 not a 3.5 on your site, it that the one you mean. Also can you tell me about the steering package. Thanks.
Sorry - I spend more time on the forums than I do adding product to the website. LOL

http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/catalog/index.php?r_itemID=364

The 3.5 Max Travel is the 3.5 X-Factor + The Ultimate Steering Kit:

http://rockkrawler.com/pages/catalog/index.php?r_itemID=155

Let me or Rk know if you have any questions! :)

Marcus

·
Premium Member
5,706 Posts
Well they don't look bowed just not straight. This is what happens when the axle moves back 1" w/ the perches in the stock location. Pinion angle adjustment will also bow the coils . The wedges help but more for bowing.

What measurements are you using and are they correct?
What is your pinion angle?
Any TB interferences ?

If everything is correct and you're not ok with it. Time to relocate the perches.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well they don't look bowed just not straight. This is what happens when the axle moves back 1" w/ the perches in the stock location. Pinion angle adjustment will also bow the coils . The wedges help but more for bowing.

What measurements are you using and are they correct?
What is your pinion angle?
Any TB interferences ?

If everything is correct and you're not ok with it. Time to relocate the perches.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I had the perches cut leveled and re-welded. Now the springs don't look like that. No sacrifice to ride or lift capability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.