JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a quick and dirty install of one rock slider....

First, open the boxes... (duh)

Then using jack stands, I held the rocker up close to the Jeep to get the new body mount bolts and spacers installed...
I used painters tape to prevent accidental scratches on my paint while moving them around.

Then tighten up the body mount bolts so that the rocker is in it's final resting spot.

Now mark thru the holes where you need to drill

Now I backed off the body mount bolts so that the rocker came back down to give me room to drill the holes. I used a quality step drill bit (also called a Uni Bit)

Then I installed the nutserts - they are cool - using the fancy nutsert install tool included with the kit.

Then after tightenting the body mount bolts again to get the rocker back to final resting place, my wife installed the bolts into the nutserts. Remember to remove the painters tape before this step - you won't be taking them off again. Also remember to install the rubber end stops into the rockers before this step - you can't install them once the rocker is on.

Finally install the rubber caps over the bolt holes and we are done, done, DONE!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was reluctant to drill holes in the body for fear of rust and not being able to replace bent ones in the future, etc.

BUT, I really like the fact that these act as a functional step and splash guard. I think the selling point for my loving wife (5'2") would be they will keep the mud off the side of the Jeep and make it easier for her to get in.

Let us know if your Jeep is really staying cleaner or if you see any water getting to the wrong places (inside the body).

Did these come with a rubber gasket?
Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let us know if your Jeep is really staying cleaner or if you see any water getting to the wrong places (inside the body).
Tough to say yet - I haven't been on any gravel or mud roads since installing them. I did scrtach up my rear fenders on a gravel road when I didn't have any steps installed, so I'm hoping these will protect from road debris. They should, they are plenty wide enough.

Did these come with a rubber gasket?
Nope. You don't need one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is old...

Do you have any feedback on if you would recommend these side step/rocker guards? How have they held up? I am thinking of getting these for my new JKU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts