JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a good set of rock guard/sliders that are not going to get destroy the first day...
Any suggestions-recomendations...
Thanks..

·
Registered
169 Posts
heard LoD makes a good one with a built in step. also try smittybilt. but currently i just have the factory rubicon sliders on my jeep

·
Registered
426 Posts
Put the stock Rubi's on my 08. I like the flush fit. They're built to do the job. When the box arrived the weight on the packing slip was over 70 lbs. Was surprised at the thickness of em.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just ordered shrockworks since they were having that "in-stock" promotion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor Guards, they are nice and seem to support the weight well. But I do get some crazy squeaking from them, I think it is the washer on the body mount vibrating on the inside of the tube even though everything is torqued to spec still. Since its cold out and everything is expanded it seems to fix itself above 38 F and of course when wet and lubricated with silicone spray. I am going to take them off and try turning them down a 1/16" and see what happens then.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pure Jeep I think has a lot of extras the other guys don't, besides unbelievably stout material from plate steel, the boat sliders/smooth sides cover the sides and under neath and won't get hung up on rocks like the tube ones. Great steps on the sides too for climbing in n out.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If you need bomb-proof protection and quality and don't need a step, but could use a little more side protection than the stock Rubi sliders....Poly Performance is your huckleberry. Got 'em, love 'em.

·
Registered
950 Posts
PP is who im going with when i get the money saved up.. they look like a very sweet slider and offer great protection..

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
and won't get hung up on rocks like the tube ones.
??? Never had that happen to me. The only tube ones I could ever see getting hung up depend on how they bold underneath. I'm flush and have slid the entire length of my driver side slider with no hiccups.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
No problems with my Smittybilts.

I've reseted the weight of my Jeep on each side several times. No issues.
:confused: huh? What do you mean?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
+1 for shrock.
Stout as hell, they have been thoroughly abused and they show it, but only on the powdercoat. No dents and they have taken some HARD hits. I routinely use them to pivit on trees, pivot on rocks, stop downward acceleration, and even to stop shopping carts and car doors.

·
Registered
169 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts