Discussion Starter #1
anyone climb or have any good pics?

two pump chump at sand rock last summer

whats your local crag?

·
Registered
357 Posts
rock climbing 015.jpg

Haven't been in some time. The wife and I moved to Tulsa from Charlotte, NC. We spent most of our top roping time at Crowder's Mountain State Park.

Actually not my wife in the photo and not my camera (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I can't find any other shots on my work computer except one of me and I'm sure you will all appreciate this one a bit more.:D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Sand rock is a blast! Been there a couple times. Seneca Rocks New river gorge Tennesse Wall. Back before the child I got a few good trips in.Pictures are all film tho.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I used to live in New Paltz and climbed the Gunks almost daily! ive made numerous trips to New River Gorge, when i lived in Slippery Rock i climbed McConnells Mills and just about every indoor gym that was anywhere near where i lived

Around here we have a few places to climb, my favorite being a place called "High Rocks"
since my back surgery and my divorce, i dont climb much anymore...

the surgery has me concerned about taking a hard fall
the divorce cost me my rack... she left me some webbing a rope and a few carabiners

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
When I was in the Army stationed in NC we went rock climbing damn near every weekend that we were not working. Seneca Rock in WV was a favorite hangout as well as Blue Ridge. That was a few years and more than a few pounds ago....

On edit.... I cracked up a little when thinking about posting the fact that I sold my nuts a few years ago but those who know me would think that they were taken away when I got married....

·
Registered
688 Posts
I used to live in New Paltz and climbed the Gunks almost daily! ive made numerous trips to New River Gorge, when i lived in Slippery Rock i climbed McConnells Mills and just about every indoor gym that was anywhere near where i lived

Around here we have a few places to climb, my favorite being a place called "High Rocks"
since my back surgery and my divorce, i dont climb much anymore...

the surgery has me concerned about taking a hard fall
the divorce cost me my rack... she left me some webbing a rope and a few carabiners

I got few good new paltz stories myself! That's a fun place.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I miss the gunks.... used to go there every other weekend when I lived in NY! I still remember my first lead climb on Laurel like it was yesturday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts