JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Chrysler back ordered on 3.8 exhaust manifolds til mid-April I decided to get an aftermarket unit from Rock Auto. Ordered Monday for overnight delivery....oh yeah!

Rock Sucko didn't even do a shipping label order until 10:30 PM Tuesday. FedSux didn't pick it up until 11:45AM Wed. FedSux then let it sit around until 3:30AM Thursday. It had to go from LA to SW Colorado...so they shipped it to Memphis, knowing it would then be stranded due to weather, this admitted by one of their reps. Friday AM, no delivery date, time nothing. Was supposed to depart for Moab this AM...FAWK!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So Fri AM I got some stuff like ThermoSteel from The Zone, patched the cracks and cooked the manifold @ 150 degrees for four hours in the oven. Put it back on, just as I was leaving for Moab the FedSux man pulled up with Rock Sucko's shipment.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Haha well timed :D

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your Rock Auto manifolds are the Dormans, I'd budget a bit of time for die-grinder cleanup / port matching.
Shit was a tad off on the ones I got.

My experiences / tips: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3040058&postcount=133
"Have fun" :suicide:
Yes, I noticed that on mine. I was more conccerned that the port flanges were milled flat. Checked OK with a straight edge. I didn't use their cheezy shield, reused the factory shields. In place of the Dorman's bolt I put a bolt in from the back side and reused the lower shield nut. I like their y-pipe to manifold bolts rather than the factory's square nut & keeper setup. Mine disintigrated when I took them off. Not sure how the Dormans compare to the Crowns, anyone ever do a side by side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts