JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the big brake kit installed today...two oversized slotted rotors in the front and two slotted rotors in the rear...all with stock calipers (but with new pads). I have yet to truly test these brakes out but my initial impressions are that there is definitely marked improvement. My girlfriend also noticed the improvement on our drive home, especially when a truck decided to cut me off on the freeway. Now, I'm running 37" tires on a 4" lift with armor all around, so the original brakes just weren't cutting it for me....there were definitely a lot of "oh shit" moments, especially with my driving habits.

These new brakes so far feel much safer. I'm now able to actually stop behind pedestrian crossing lines, and my braking distance has decreased. No longer do I have to start stepping on the pedal way in advance...and for the price, it is well worth it.

The service from Road Race was amazing. Johnny went out of his way to explain their kit in great detail; he was not pushy and was very attentive. I did have a lot of air in my brakes and master cylinder and he was very helpful in trying to get the air out. I'm going back next week to have the "air" issue in my brakes inspected again. Despite this, their brake kit has improved braking performance.

I will also be installing their Power Pack kit when I return next week, so I can't wait to play with that as well.

All in all, great product, great service, and most importantly great prices. For those shopping around for a big brake kit, I would definitely give them a holler.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Very cool, with 37"s you need something better than OE. So if you used the stock calipers for the over sized rotors, did the brackets that hold the calipers change? I guess it had to.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can you post some pictures of the new setup? I would like to see how the got the OEM calipers to fit the larger rotors.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Can you post some pictures of the new setup? I would like to see how the got the OEM calipers to fit the larger rotors.
Valfam, you can youtube, Road Race JK Big Brake Kit, they have a very detailed show and tell install of this kit.. I have this kit myself and its well worth the money. I take saftey very serious, so my brakes and my stearring are top prioritys on my JK , ive seen JKs smoke brakes on steep down hill grades , of course loaded down with camping gear and all. Im on 37s and full armor. Im a pretty heavy JKU auto.
But honestly I love my RRM BBK, I can panic stop no problem..

Veronica

·
Registered
191 Posts
Valfam, you can youtube, Road Race JK Big Brake Kit, they have a very detailed show and tell install of this kit.. I have this kit myself and its well worth the money. I take saftey very serious, so my brakes and my stearring are top prioritys on my JK , ive seen JKs smoke brakes on steep down hill grades , of course loaded down with camping gear and all. Im on 37s and full armor. Im a pretty heavy JKU auto.
But honestly I love my RRM BBK, I can panic stop no problem..

Veronica
thanks I will look at it tonight.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No problem Sweetie, your welcome....:gluging:
I just saw the video. I guess I have to add one more thing to my list.

that me be the first time a fellow Jeeper has call me sweetie. :thankyou:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just saw the video. I guess I have to add one more thing to my list.

that me be the first time a fellow Jeeper has call me sweetie. :thankyou:
Lol, well if you personally knew me , you would understand why.
My nick name in the Jeeper family call me JK. But my name is Veronica, nice to meet ya , and good luck with you bucket list... :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Lol, well if you personally knew me , you would understand why.
My nick name in the Jeeper family call me JK. But my name is Veronica, nice to meet ya , and good luck with you bucket list... :)
Veronica I see!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.