JKOwners Forum banner

RK Ultimate Steering Package help please

3K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  PWRDrill 
#1 ·
I'm currently installing the RK X-Factor 5.5" with 3.5" springs. I also have the heavy duty tie rod.

My problem is this. The front RK trackbar with the heim joint does not fit into the RK lower trackbar bracket. It's not even close.

The rear track bar bracket is plenty wide, but the front is obviously built smaller. I've searched the web, and have not found an answer.

I can't be the first to have this issue. What am I doing wrong, or are there two styles of front trackbar brackets? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

#4 · (Edited)
I believe RK uses a 14mm heim joint that doesn't use inserts.

Are you installing the relocation bracket?

Do you have pics.

#9 ·
My front RK bar with a stock bracket came with and uses spacers on the heim in. The rear RK bar I've installed here with an RK axle side bracket used spacers as well.

#6 ·
My RK came with a heim that has an oversized ball and uses a 14mm bolt. I couldn't use a standard 3/4 heim with misalignment spacers.

#7 · (Edited)
#13 ·
Do those spacers come out of the heim?

I've bitched about the special 14mm joint. It would be nice if they got rid of it.

Goody - I now understand what you are talking about. Mine looks like fixeruppers but the ball is complete.

#15 ·
Goody - I now understand what you are talking about. Mine looks like fixeruppers but the ball is complete.
Cool. Here is a pic anyway

Sent via paper airplane

#18 ·
No, for two reasons. First is that it would be very loose in the ears, and would require a lot of shimming. Secondly, and most important, those spacers hold the bolt that holds the track bar on. Without the spacers installed, it is a very large hole in the heim.

#19 ·
They sent you the wrong joint (spacers) it should look like Fixeruppers.

The only "now" option I see is grind down the spacers to fit.

#20 · (Edited)
#29 ·
More fun with this thing tonight.

Rather than start a new post, since it's the same topic, I thought I'd continue here.

The supplied 1/2" X 3" bolts go through the front lower track bar bracket and the front track bar gusset bracket, correct? I'm thinking something might have changed on the 12' because those bolts are not long enough to engage the nylock nut completely going through both.

Thoughts?

Another thing of note is that one of the front lower track bar bracket holes does not line up exactly with the gusset bracket when using the OEM track bar bracket mount holes as a guide to drill the 1/2" holes.

On a positive note, the front passenger upper control arm bolt is no longer a pain to remove; no need to cut it out.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.