JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the infancy of planning my '12 JKU build, and central to that plan is an RK long arm 3-link.

I also need some strong sliders to go with it. I've learned my lesson with body-mounted sliders, not doing that again. The only ones I would trust - Nemesis - don't look like they would work with the RK rear frame mount CA bracket. Part of the problem is none of the mfgs posts pics of the sliders unmounted, or underneath where I need to see them.

Which frame-mount-only sliders will work on a 4-door with the RK rear CA bracket? I've heard EVOs will. Shrock looks like the rearmost mount might interfere. LOD looks like a possibility but they are heavy as hell so they are at the bottom of the list.

Any knowledge / ideas on this? Confirmed fits? Confirmed incompatible?

Thanks....

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are you wearing a Snuggie in that picture? I'd be worried about catching mah nutz on fire. :D

In all seriousness....thanks, that's one down with a confirmed fit. Looks like the third leg (heh) of the LOD is in about the same place as the EVO.

Shrock there is no good pictures of, but it looks in the wrong place....

Even if its a bolt-on slider, I'll be welding it on....

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
If you want a slider that is closer to the body, go EVO.

Shrocks 3rd leg is right at the bolt for the gas tank. I can Grab a pic if u like.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool - good to know.....

Looking at this pic, then trying to place things in my mind's eye....

Looks like you could squeeze the LODs on there with just enough room to run a bead on the control arm mounts and slider mount also.

Judging from these pics the Shrocks are definitely out.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Yup they are. I just looked. 3 rd leg is right where the bracket needs to go.

After seeing EVOs in person, I would get those. I do love my shrocks though. Between the two would be tough.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Our Billy Rockers work great with the Rock Krawler Long Arm Kit.

A minor notch must be made for that rear control arm mount to ensure the rockers fit as they were intended. But the notch isn't in a spot where it will affect the design in any way.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well how 'bout that....looks like I may be able to support the local boys after all. Those are far and away my favorite sliders.

That's another confirmed fit, Nemesis sliders....

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Yep I'm running trail gear sliders, work ferfect. Why pay $4-500 for sliders from schrokworks? When you get the same sliders with more adjustment for $170

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those Trail Gear sliders are a great idea....I just don't know if I want to futz with positioning and all that. I'd rather have something I could just drop on, hold on with a few bolts, and burn it in without having to worry about the rest of the stuff. A fabricator or experienced metal worker I am not.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Those Trail Gear sliders are a great idea....I just don't know if I want to futz with positioning and all that. I'd rather have something I could just drop on, hold on with a few bolts, and burn it in without having to worry about the rest of the stuff. A fabricator or experienced metal worker I am not.
All it takes is 2 jack stands, or weld up on a table and install, very easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
851 Posts
When I get my Evo sliders should I get them powdercoated or just rattle canned. I am concerned with the welding aspect. Also, should I re-spray after the welding is complete to prevent rust?

·
Registered
631 Posts
When I get my Evo sliders should I get them powdercoated or just rattle canned. I am concerned with the welding aspect. Also, should I re-spray after the welding is complete to prevent rust?
Of course you should spray the bare metal......

For anything that's gonna see contact (aka, be used) just use rattle can. Powdercoat is a waste of time. Rocks don't care what kind of coating you use, it's coming off regardless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.