JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one who has 3.5" RK lift with their sway bar links measure their swaybar links from eye to eye?

I thought i had the 3.5" links so I ordered the next shorter size, but the new ones are way too short.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
214 Posts
JocKy, I have Rock Krawler's 3.5" Triple Threat PRO kit. I just popped outside and took a quick measure of my front links. From the center of the eyes it looks like they are 13". I hope that helps you.

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Hey, that's why men buy land, so we can do our 'business' outside. You should see the bushes in my back yard:beer:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hemo- Those measurements came off the metal links right? not the big brown one you left?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hemo- Those measurements came off the metal links right? not the big brown one you left?

Thanks again!

JocKy,

Yes, the measurements are off the bronze-colored metal links. From the center of the upper joint to the center of the lower joint it is 13".

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's why I asked:
I installed the RK 3.5 and the links that came with it/ I also Installed the Poly Drag Link Flip with the Track Bar bracket. With the bracket the sway bars need to be shorter as they are raised, but only 2".

Here's the RK links that come with the 3.5 X (obviously too long)

The reason is the Poly bracket lets you raise the sway bars.

Here's the RK links from a 2.5 (or 7" in length). Much Better! (I still need to trim the stock stabilizer tabs.)

I want to thank the folks at Rock Krawler for their help and very timely shipping of the shorter rods! And folks for responding with their measurements. It seemed that the 7" rods would be too short, but as you can see I have more thread to make them shorter and they would still be within the +/- 5*.

·
Registered
161 Posts
JocKy, I have Rock Krawler's 3.5" Triple Threat PRO kit. I just popped outside and took a quick measure of my front links. From the center of the eyes it looks like they are 13". I hope that helps you.

I'm Looking at the rock Krawler kits. How do you like the triple threat pro?
Is it worth the extra $$'s over their other kits?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.