JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has this kit with Bilstein 5100's running 35's or 37's? Does this lift give 3.5" of lift or more like 4-5" with a JK in stock form? Any steering issues at all? Any complaints or dislikes? Driveshaft issues? Ball joint issues? I'm not really keen to hear from anyone NOT running this setup or kit. I'm not looking for lift kit preferences of what you would buy either. Please try to avoid turning this one into an "opinion-a-thon". Know-it-alls, you know who you are.

>preemptively< :th_242735:

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I don't have this particular lift on my JK but I've sold countless numbers of them and can offer my experience with customers. We sold this lift almost daily in 2011 but it wasn't called the 3.5 Max Travel - we subbed 3.5" coils in on the 5.5 X-Factor Mid Arm to create it.

The steering is corrected in this system and it comes with all 8 control arms so you can dial in your pinion and caster to a science.

If you're installing this on an Unlimited you'll get about 4" up front and 3" out back. On a two door you're going to get 4.5" or so up front and 3.5" or so out back.

Depending on the year of your JK you shouldn't have driveshaft issues on a JK Unlimited but on a two door I'd plan on replacing them pretty quickly. If you have a 2012 you'll need to get the Tera-Flex exhaust spacers or the AFE Y-Pipe to keep it from contacting the exhaust.

Ball joints aren't effected by the lift itself, but they are effected by the larger tires and shallow offset of aftermarket wheels. That is kind of another conversation all in itself. :)

I'll have to go through my list of guys running this but I'm sure they'll chime in before I can compile a list of people to contact. :)

You're looking at a very complete suspension system that is alot of bang for the buck vs sources the steering components later. The only think you might look at adding to it is the HD Tie Rod. That way you only have to get it aligned once vs adding the Tie Rod later and having to go back in.

Marcus

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I had it on my 2 door then again on ay 4 door but on the 4 door I got the RK shocks....

That being said they both rode great I like the your shock choice you will need to buy bumpstops and a way to retain the top rear spring. Other then that you should be happy. Customer service is great RK generally knows about issues before you do and will bring them up to keep an eye out. I had one of the aluminum kits and first go around on their shocks.

It gives a little more then 3.5 but exact I can't remember.

I am looking to get the 2.5 on this 4 door as I found I didn't really need the 3.5 with 35's and if I want 37's later I will just put on flat fenders. I also think this go around I am going to get the adjustable fox shocks. Still debating...
Good luck with your build :beer::beer:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Marcus. Helpful. BTW, is River City Offroad's website more complete lately? I've eyed your site numerous times trying to check your inventory and selection but found your site to be lacking. When I buy, hopefully next month, I would love to give my biz to TX biz owner.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks Marcus. Helpful. BTW, is River City Offroad's website more complete lately? I've eyed your site numerous times trying to check your inventory and selection but found your site to be lacking. When I buy, hopefully next month, I would love to give my biz to TX biz owner.
The RCO wedsite has improved since 6 months or so ago. I buy everything for my JK from Marcus and I always just give him a call. He's awesome to deal with and doesn't mind talking to you to make sure you're getting what you want.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I am working on rectifying that slowly but surely. We grew so fast that my time has been spent making sure that everyone was getting parts in a timely manner and receiving personalized service. It is a thorn in my side and I'm working to get that thing dialed in. :)

My prices are generally better than what you'd find on a website and I can get most anything, from anyone. Do your shopping and give me a shout or an email. I'll take good care of you.

/hi-jack - back on topic. :)

·
V8 dreams
3,569 Posts

Here is the exact lift on a buddy's 2011 rubi on 35 mtr/k. We still haven't put the steering stabilizer on and it drives better than my 4 inch rancho kit. My driveshaft is about to crap out, i need adj control arms, so this lift will probably be my next purchase, along with a Tatton front DS from Marcus.

Vandy

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Krevissco

We just launched these at the first of the year so there is only a handful of them out there. It was a very popular custom option over the last couple of years. People would order the 5.5" X Factor Mid Arm System (Because it included high steer), with the 3.5" coils and disconnects. It was actually the cheapest way to get high steer with a 3.5" X Factor System. Now we just call that setup the 3.5" Max. Travel System. Hope that helps you find some answers. Let us know if you have any questions. Feel free to give us a shout.

Rock Krawler

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for the help and comments. Marcus, we'll be talking soon. RK, thanks for the input. And to all those that refrained from delving into the exciting world of engineering specs and spring load-rate ratios as compared to the earth's rotational mass during summer solstice, thanks for not hijacking.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
On my 4 Dr Auto, my front DS contacted the tranny pan and tranny skid. The boot tore...replaced with an aftermarket DS that is narrower, no more issues. I was aware of this issue and was prepared for it.

This really isn't a RK 3.5 issue, I'm sure that all 3" plus suspension lifts will cause this contact. Also, it is not something that has to be replaced immediately and actually, it won't even become an issue until you wheel it to a point of max flex up front. It "may" be more of an issue with the RK 3.5 because of the superior flex it provides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts