JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can I get some expert advise on the alignment of the joints on my lower control arms. I had my RK 2.5 flex kit installed yesterday and questioned the alignment of the lower control arms. The business who installed the lift (listed on the RK website) said these are within specifications. I think the passenger side may be good to go, but I think the drivers side if off. I am taking it back tomorrow to give them a second look. He said the axle moves while driving so it may be a little off. I think if it is parked on level ground with no changes it should be spot on. Please let me know if I am off base here.

Drivers Side

Another of the Drivers Side, Just wanted to provide two vantage points, if the camera angle is off a little.

Passenger Side

This side is a little off, but does not look to bad.

· The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
It isn't going to damage anything, but you should try to get those joints aligned as straight up and down as you can. If you have a large crescent wrench or a 1.5" open end wrench you can handle this yourself.

You'll need a pry bar or another large crescent wrench to keep the joint aligned while you torque on the jam nut, but it isn't hard.

If you paid for installation run it back up there and ask them to get the joints straightened up for you. It won't take but a few minutes for them to do that and it shouldn't require them to drop the arms out of the mounts.

Marcus

· Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Marcus.

· Registered
242 Posts
Another thing. Just see if you can rotate the joint. When you tighten them. They like to just rotate. Mine do that even though they are on correctly.

Edit: just realized Marcus said that. My bad.

Sent from this here, magic box.

· Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got them straight, had a hell of a time finding a 1 1/2 in wrench in El Paso. I went with an adjustable wrench and had to drop the front of the arm to get to it. It's spot on now.

· Registered
13,219 Posts
I got them straight, had a hell of a time finding a 1 1/2 in wrench in El Paso. I went with an adjustable wrench and had to drop the front of the arm to get to it. It's spot on now.
Harbor freight has a nice set of offset large wrenches that has a 1.5"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.