JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to River Ranch today for an easy day run. Couldnt get too wild as I was on my own. Only had water over the hood 2 or 3x. Wife squealed.

As usual...I forgot my camera - so these pics are taken on a blackberry.

cypress stand:

Kissimmee prarie:

Beautiful day (72º all afternoon):

Trails were very dry:

Just for you Dusty:

Very Rare - Endangered in fact - plant called a Catesby or Scrub Blazing star. Dont tell the rednecks theyre endangered or they'll kill them all to keep the "treehuggers" out lol:

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Pics

Field Dress that bad boy (opening weekend):

This is riding in style:

LOL hard to do any flexing in a flood plain:

It was fun. I wish I could take everyone out there, but you have to be a member. River ranch is one of those 1950-1970s land scams where yankees bought tiny plots of lands in florida and didnt know it was out in the mdidle of the woods and would never be developed. When they finally realized it, they were screwed and defaulted on taxes or sold the land dirt cheap to locals. The locals all got together and formed a "property owners assocation" where you can have as little as a 1/8th acre out there,but have access to over 100 square miles of woods for hunting, fishing, OHV use. They have established, in conjunction w/ Tread Lightly, over 75 miles of OHV trails.

It's a good ol fashioned redneck hunt camp on steriods.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It was fun. I wish I could take everyone out there, but you have to be a member. River ranch is one of those 1950-1970s land scams where yankees bought tiny plots of lands in florida and didnt know it was out in the mdidle of the woods and would never be developed. When they finally realized it, they were screwed and defaulted on taxes or sold the land dirt cheap to locals. The locals all got together and formed a "property owners assocation" where you can have as little as a 1/8th acre out there,but have access to over 100 square miles of woods for hunting, fishing, OHV use. They have established, in conjunction w/ Tread Lightly, over 75 miles of OHV trails.

It's a good ol fashioned redneck hunt camp on steriods.
How do you become a member? Buy land? Pay fee?

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you become a member? Buy land? Pay fee?
Buy land. But I am working w/ a buddy of mine who sells land out there on trying to find a "backdoor" sort of way into River Ranch. Buy the land (on paper only - no exchange of $), but quick deed it back to the seller (my friend), pay the yearly fee and a small fee to my friend for his time and have access to the whole thing. The downside would be that you wouldnt technically have a hunt CAMP out there. But Jose and I both have camps out there (well Jose does - I have access to one).

Anyways, Im working on it. We'll see.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks for the pic's.i miss Florida,we used to live Pace and Milton Fl,on the pan handle,didnt did any wheeling in those days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.