JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had these sitting in my garage for more that six months. I got the pair (with gator hyde) for $100 from a local business that was going under. I bought the lite dots directly from ORO.

This project was more than overdue so I broke out the angle grinder and cut wheel and went to work. It was more or less an easy install, but my corners were slightly bent so I had to struggle with them to get them to fit right.

I think I could lean the jeep on them and they wouldn't even show a scratch as this coating is near bullet-proof.

The Lite Dots look especially awesome at night, but I'm still fighting the fast blink demon.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
For the fast blinking you probably have to install a resistor in the brake light wires. LED's don't take have the draw normal light bulbs do so your flasher goes fast. Throw a small resistor in each side and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the fast blinking you probably have to install a resistor in the brake light wires. LED's don't take have the draw normal light bulbs do so your flasher goes fast. Throw a small resistor in each side and you will be fine.
I just finished the resistor install. Fast blink is vanquished. I think I might be ready to silicone seal these now. :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good RZ, been looling at them for a while now, Nice Rig.
Thanks unsub! They're very stout, especially with the Gator Hyde coating. Go for it.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Looks great...can you get soem pics of how these fit up against the top of the tub? I've been looking for corner solutions for a while and these are near the top of my list. For $100, I would've had em on long long ago.

·
Registered
931 Posts
corners look amazing! have been contemplating wich ones i was going to go with, river raider definatley makes some high quality products. :beer:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Think these are my next mod purchase. I keep smacking my taillight off against everything and the recessed LEDs should be just the trick. Looks good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts