858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have released our new 3/16'' steel crusher corners. They feature:
stainless flush mount hardware
recessed pockets for O.R.O. led tail lights with built in back-up light
optional tabs for tire cage mount
$435 for bare steel
$485 for coated

Our new tire cage can handle up to a 42'' spare. It is available on our new rock crawler rear winch mount bumper.
It features:
1.5'' DOM tubing
3/4'' grade 8 hardware
swing down for easy tire removal and tail gate access.

More info is available on our web site.
www.riverraider.com
Or for more info call us directly.

717 262 3079
www.riverraider.com

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
how about some pics of it opened? i'm guessing it lowers down to the ground. seems like it would be a huge PITA to pull the two upper pins, then lower it to the ground, then work around it as it sticks out from the bumper and lays on the ground when putting stuff in the back. not to mention it would get all scratched to hell from laying it on concrete (if that matters).

of course, this is all assuming it opens downward, which from the orientation of the heim joints, i would assume it does.

and you still have to wire up a license plate light somehow....

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'm not super big on the tire cradle/carrier. It seems like a lot to deal with on a daily driver. OTOH I like the rear winch bumper a lot. Thats some good looking stuff. :)

OBTW - Like the corners too. ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how about some pics of it opened? i'm guessing it lowers down to the ground. seems like it would be a huge PITA to pull the two upper pins, then lower it to the ground, then work around it as it sticks out from the bumper and lays on the ground when putting stuff in the back. not to mention it would get all scratched to hell from laying it on concrete (if that matters).

of course, this is all assuming it opens downward, which from the orientation of the heim joints, i would assume it does.

and you still have to wire up a license plate light somehow....
This tire carrier setup is geared more toward hardcore trail riding then a daily driver even though it works for both. It is designed as a secure mount for tires 37'' to 42''. The fact that it swings down to access the tailgate does require more effort than a swing out tire gate.
However our biggest concern was to design a super strong secure rattle free way to carry a heavy 40''or 42'' tire.
Adding a tag light is no problem.:beer:

·
Registered
132 Posts
The corners look nice!
Ive been wanting to put a set of LiteDOT's on My JK for a while!!

They look cool recessed in like that. Do You have to cut the body for the lite dots to fit like that? Or do the corners just bolt right on?

·
Registered
205 Posts
sick jeep kenny cant wait to see it in person and hes running 38x15.50s

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Make the corners come all the way forward and I'm in. :beer:

Also, if you could design a carrier that swung out instead of down, I'm in for that too. I like the cage also, but don't want to lift it off the ground every time I access stuff in the back. Just tie into the corners in four places. It also wouldn't tie the frame to the body like it does attached to the bumper and corners.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.