JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking around and really like the river raider rear bump. i really like the one with the cage. i have looked around and cant find anyone that had it. i was just wondering if anyone has one or things that people have herd about them. i want to make sure it is a good purchase before i buy it. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
:smokin:I don't have one, but I have been to Kenny's shop and can highly recommend anything he build's. There are some here who have his bumper. Just wait for their replies. I'm saving now for the front bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Last time I checked on their website you do. If you're real serious about it, you might want to call them to see if theres anyway to make it work without em. If you know anyone at all that does fab work, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I ordered the rock crawler rear with the swing carrier last week. I would have liked the tire cage, but according to the website you do need the corners for that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
when the bumper arrives and you get it on can you take some pictures and post them?
Will do. Supposed to ship this week. I know it's been mentioned many times before, but their service has been great. The woman I spoke with apologized that it could take 3 weeks from order to receipt. I had to laugh to myself after waiting for months to get my front bumper from a different vendor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was just searching for info on the RR skids I just got and came across this old thread. Realized I never posted pics. So here are some pics in case anyone searches for this in the future. The bumper is stout.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was just searching for info on the RR skids I just got and came across this old thread. Realized I never posted pics. So here are some pics in case anyone searches for this in the future. The bumper is stout.

I really like that bumper. How easy/difficult was the install? Any rattling/noise associated with the tire carrier? How much clearance is there between the tire carrier and the swing gate? I've got the Teraflex 3rd brake light extension and am wondering if it will interfere with the carrier.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
jsebastian-
The install wasn't bad. It's not actually made to go with the tow package so I had to do a little trimming (which wasn't difficult). If you have a hitch receiver you should tell Kenny and he could mod it for you in advance. I do have some rattling from the carrier. I kinda jacked up the hole for bolting it in so it is a touch loose. I'm plan to just get it welded which should take care of it. I am working all weekend. I will try to remember and take a side photo tomorrow so you can see the the space between the carrier and swing gate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
jsebastian-
The install wasn't bad. It's not actually made to go with the tow package so I had to do a little trimming (which wasn't difficult). If you have a hitch receiver you should tell Kenny and he could mod it for you in advance. I do have some rattling from the carrier. I kinda jacked up the hole for bolting it in so it is a touch loose. I'm plan to just get it welded which should take care of it. I am working all weekend. I will try to remember and take a side photo tomorrow so you can see the the space between the carrier and swing gate.
Thanks for the info. I don't have the tow package so no worries there.

does anyone know the weight of the River Raider rear bumper with the cage? just curious before this thread blows up
BB brings up a good point. I've the stock sport shocks. Would the weight cause any sagging?

·
Registered
199 Posts
OK, here is the side view. The distance between the back surface of the tire swing and the black rubber stoppers sticking out from the swing gate is 1.5 inches. If you removed the stoppers from the gate it's about 3.5 inches to the most protruding part of the gate. Don't know the weight. Will partly depend on the weight of your spare tire/wheel combo.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't wana step on anyones products, I think the RR is a great lookin bumper, but I just saw the new Posion Spider front an rear bumper at the Off Road Expo, an Jeep Jamboree this weekend in action,, its a really great looking product, very great carrier swing assembly with no rattles,. I'm just sayn,

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK, here is the side view. The distance between the back surface of the tire swing and the black rubber stoppers sticking out from the swing gate is 1.5 inches. If you removed the stoppers from the gate it's about 3.5 inches to the most protruding part of the gate. Don't know the weight. Will partly depend on the weight of your spare tire/wheel combo.

I like it! What I am really interested at this point is the tire carrier. I just want to get my spare tire back on a carrier and out of the cab. The factory bumpers don't have much of a resale value, so I will probably keep mine until they are beat up enough to just toss. The RR website doesn't have the tire carrier for sale by itself, but I wonder if it is available by itself and whether or not they have a template for the hole to cut in the stock bumper. Just thinking out loud. Thanks for the pics!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts