JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a slightly used set of RROR skid plates and basically installation instructions are non-existent.

My question is about how the front brackets are installed. I found this picture on Quadratec and just want to make sure this is right.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've got that RROR skid installed on my JKU, and yes, that is the correct. From my experience, you can run the arms either on the inside or outside of the skid - which ever works best from a clearance perspective.

One thing you will notice is that it comes close to the cross-over exhaust pipe - I've had it high centered a few times, with a bunch of weight on that skid, and it deflected upwards where it came in contact with the cross over pipe. I took the skid off and with a BFH pounded the skid back into shape and welded some additional angle iron inside in order to stiffen it even more.

Give me a shout if you have any questions on install.

Scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes those are the instructions thanks for posting if you have anymore
Questions or need hardware call
Us Monday 7172623079

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up a slightly used set of RROR skid plates and basically installation instructions are non-existent.

My question is about how the front brackets are installed. I found this picture on Quadratec and just want to make sure this is right.

So actually, this picture is wrong. It says to bolt the brackets on the inside of the skid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts