JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will ultimately be the build thread for Jennie's (Mrs. RCO) 2010 WK.

I've started the mods with a Diablo Predator because the MDS on the 09-10 WK 5.7 HEMI is horrible. I hated the lag in throttle response on the road, the clatter at lower speeds, and the lugging sound of the motor when the radio was turned down. All that and she's been getting 13 - 15 MPG running around town to work in it. :shaking:

So I threw some money at it with the Predator to kill the MDS among other things...:D I have plans for an intake, exhaust, and possibly more as time goes on and will eventually get a custom map for it.

We have agreed on gunmetal SRT8 wheels and SRT8 Bilsteins, coils, and sway bars to bring it down a little and increase handling. Jennie likes the body kit, but I'm not really interested in a full on clone. We shall see who wins that battle...LOL

Here's the WK with my gay little dog and before window tint. HAVE to get rid of all of that chrome.

This is the plan for tires and wheels, except gunmetal. Tires will be 275/40 and 315/35 Nitto Invos.

Here's the videos from my fun this evening. This was on a two lane, one way road without any side streets or chance of hurting anything except me, the bugs, and maybe a deer. :)

***Waiting for YouTube****

Got a little squirrely in this one....wasn't expecting it. LOL!

Video One

I can't get YouTube to embed...

Marcus

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,961 Posts
Marcus, I have no doubt in my mind that this thing will be awesome, even with said hair dryer lovin gay dog in tow. Can't wait to see this thing near the finish line on mods. Maybe Jennie will allow you to drive it again once you've hooked it up solid! :D

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marcus, I have no doubt in my mind that this thing will be awesome, even with said hair dryer lovin gay dog in tow. Can't wait to see this thing near the finish line on mods. Maybe Jennie will allow you to drive it again once you've hooked it up solid! :D
Thanks Chris! :)

I am pretty excited to get moving on it and with her motivational complaining about those "hideous wheels and chrome door handles" it shouldn't take long!

Thanks for the kind words brother! :beer:

Marcus

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,961 Posts
NP Marcus, I'm excited to see this thing transform. I have always loved the SRT8's so it will be nice to see you create one. Those wheels aren't the worst I've seen, but they don't do the thing justice.

I wish I could convince my Jenny to go for a Durango or GC...I hate her Mom Wagon as much as forceful and deliberate prostate exams.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NP Marcus, I'm excited to see this thing transform. I have always loved the SRT8's so it will be nice to see you create one. Those wheels aren't the worst I've seen, but they don't do the thing justice.

I wish I could convince my Jenny to go for a Durango or GC...I hate her Mom Wagon as much as forceful and deliberate prostate exams.
After looking at the options there just isn't much out there in the crazy offset that the stock SRT8 wheels are. We also considered these...but custom built wheels aren't cheap. I also tried to get these built into bead locks for The Goat. LOL! Mike @ Raceline and I had a good long laugh about that price tag.

I've got the thing, and it's mine now, so I'm trying to come to terms with it. However, I won't buy another one and I don't recommend them. LOL The Durango is nice! So is that new Summit or whatever they call it.

Marcus

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's awesome! Did you do much to it while you had it?

I set out for an SRT8 but drove a couple and felt that they were too rowdy for the Mrs. to be running around in. Settled on the Limited and then went right back out looking for a deal on an SRT8. LOL!

I gave up...gotta go a couple years older and quite a bit more miles to get to where I'd want to be price wise.

There's an 08 on AutoTrader right now that has 136K miles on it!!! Who does that!? :lol:

Marcus

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's awesome! Did you do much to it while you had it?

I set out for an SRT8 but drove a couple and felt that they were too rowdy for the Mrs. to be running around in. Settled on the Limited and then went right back out looking for a deal on an SRT8. LOL!

I gave up...gotta go a couple years older and quite a bit more miles to get to where I'd want to be price wise.

There's an 08 on AutoTrader right now that has 136K miles on it!!! Who does that!? :lol:

Marcus
I do....well, almost. When I sold my 08, it had 85k on it. :smokin:

I did nothing to it other than drive the crap out of it and eventually had to put a set of tires on. Absolutely loved driving it even with the 10-12 mpg's I was getting.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Dang! Just watched the video, that thing is 4x faster than my JK! Sweet rig. When I travel for work that's what I allways try to rent:beer:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I love the SRT8 packages, on pretty much which ever car/suv they come in. But especially the Grand Cherokee... Looks mean as hell, I like the look better than the TBSS. I will say, I had an 06 Trailblazer SS all stock and it was fast as hell too. In fact I raced a couple different stock SRT8s, and beat them every time, hwy runs and stop light runs. I would have another one again anytime. This time I would do the 2wd though. I like burnouts...

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I drove an SRT8 GC as a demo from work for about a week.
It was pretty sweet, but all I could think about was...

SRT8 Grand Cherokee
JK44 Front Solid Axle Swap
4.10 Gears in the rear Chryco 9.25
4.5" custom long arm lift front and rear
Atlas transfer case
35" Nitto's wrapped around black powdercoated stock SRT8 Wheels.

Would not be that difficult, and probably be a lot more fun than the street rod it is now. :bounce:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.