JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rubi shocks???

Just in case I am a idoit. But isnt there a difference in front and rear shocks on a rubi as far as the top mounting? I just ordered a full set of rubi shocks from the sale section here. ANd it looks like the dude just sold me 4 rear shocks! They all have the rear connections. I am so pissed right now.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes, they are different. Fronts have a threaded post coming straight out the top and rears have a bar pin. Hers a pic, Rear Rubi shocks on the left, front Rubi shocks on the bottom. (Fronts have tera 2.5" extensions installed but you get the idea.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I guess this is the forum for this. I ordered last week a set of rubi shocks from the sale section of this forum. They were suppose to have had only 200 miles on them and a complete set. Well he did send me 4 shocks and they are rubi shocks. The only problem is all four are rear shocks! So I am out $100 plus shipping. Should I out this guy or what should I do? He has more stuff in the sale section. I have sent him PM' s but no response yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes I have contacted him no reply yet. Waiting to see what he has to say. But I am out $100 for shocks and $50 for shipping as of now. They look really good no damage or anything. I might be able to sell these off as 2 sets of rear shocks and get my money back. I doubt it though.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Give him a chance to make it right (a few days, alot of s work). If he still blows you off you off then out him.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
What's the timeline? Did he get them out to you reasonably fast?

Give it at least a week before you out him and make every effort to contact him if you have the means to do so.

sounds like he might have been a little bone headed and sent you 4 rears. Could be there's a dude out there with 4 fronts wondering the same thing.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
That's pretty shitty if he did that on purpose. Give him a chance though.

Did you pay via paypal?

EDIT: 50 bucks for shipping seems crazy. How did he ship them?

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
It appears as if he is selling take-offs from a shop... which is a no-no without Vendor status.

This would make sense as to why you got 4 rears.

All of the sellers activity has been in the classified section.. selling multiples of the same part.. this should be a tip off to a parts pimp.

You never know, could be stolen parts, defective parts, or just a pimp.. this is why we require the star... makes them somewhat accountable and traceable.

Advice to all.. research who it is you are buying from.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Hmm. The for sale post sure made it sound like these came off his personal vehicle, but somehow only 4 rear shocks got shipped. Something don't pass the sniff test here.

Looks like HIT beat me to it already

OP:
Try to sell off a set of those rears (not sure how much traffic you'll see for just the rear shocks tho). I don't think the shit for brains you bought from is coming back here anytime soon now that he's been busted.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Not sure when it was edited (or if it was), but the ad now states:
" 4 Rubicon shocks with 200 miles on them.......

Did he have them listed before the edit as being 2 front and 2 rear?

AMP

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well he still hasnt got back to me the address is a ups store. I have a name but doubt it is real. I was under the impression he just took them off his jeep.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Hmm. The for sale post sure made it sound like these came off his personal vehicle, but somehow only 4 rear shocks got shipped. Something don't pass the sniff test here.

Looks like HIT beat me to it already

OP:
Try to sell off a set of those rears (not sure how much traffic you'll see for just the rear shocks tho). I don't think the shit for brains you bought from is coming back here anytime soon now that he's been busted.
I'll take a set of rears, PM me!

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
:rainbow:I'll take it in the rear. PM me, thexthy! :rainbow:
Well Jesus, Holy Christ in heaven, please give me strength.

We do not need to know you're into taking it in the rear. We're discussing some serious shit here and your coming out of the closet in the middle of a thread ain't helpin things, man.

:thefinger::laughing::thefinger:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I paid thru paypal. I do have his name & address an a ups store address. I bought them on friday morning and he shipped the following tuesday. He went to alot of trouble they were packed nice etc.. and they are in very nice shape almost new.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts