JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We received in a 2012 JKUR. We've nicknamed it IronMan Jr. on account of it likeness to our sales manager's JK. It's gonna be a big build...stay tuned....

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear long arm bracket mounted*

front long arm bracket mounted

Rebel Off Road Axle Assurance Kit: Sleeves, gussets, skids

Prepping

factory bracket reinforcement

factory bracket reinforcement

test fitting

rust proofing

mounting

mmmmmmmmmmm =)

Rebel Off Road Dual

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you rotate the C’s? Why sleeved instead of truss?
X2 on sleeves. Why?
They don't help, my experience, I went that route.
The Artec truss did help.
We didn't rotate them. Per the customer's request, the front got sleeves and rear got a truss.

We use sleeves as opposed to a truss typically on the front, they do help, our experience.

When it comes to sleeves vs trusses, there' s benefits and risks to both. Everybody has their preferences

·
Registered
322 Posts
Enlighten me on going with coil overs? Seems like over kill for a street/trail rig.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am missing the coil over choice also. Long arms and coil overs mean WOT off road and with a stock diff housing it doesn't sound like a recipe for success.
What is the difference (for your customer) in price for you to mod a stock housing as opposed to swap internals into a Currie or Dyna?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I was recently talking with my mechanic. He does Hammers and a lot of rock bouncing. Anyways, I am in a position to be able to do anything, and he knows how often I break stuff, which is frequently. His recommendation to me was to keep the housing, which is trussed and gusseted, and upgrade the internals, because i am more likely to break the internals than bend an axle housing. I guess it is personal choice, and what snake oil you want to take, but for me, I think it made sense. Just as a point of reference, when we were discussing it, we discussed, Currie 60’s, which I really wanted, Dynatracs, Dana Ultimate’s and Junkyard 60’s, and talked about the pros and cons of each. So, it’s RCV’s front, with Reid knuckles, and G2 gold in back, along with the 5.13 gears I am already running, all in the stock housing that has an Artec truss. I guess I am going to trust the upgraded internals to take care of me.

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am missing the coil over choice also. Long arms and coil overs mean WOT off road and with a stock diff housing it doesn't sound like a recipe for success.
What is the difference (for your customer) in price for you to mod a stock housing as opposed to swap internals into a Currie or Dyna?
Enlighten me on going with coil overs? Seems like over kill for a street/trail rig.
We've discussed the benefits of coilovers in our previous JK thread. Plenty of people wanted to argue and debate. Coilovers are more functional. Period.

[They don't race hammers on coil/sprung rigs do they?]

More so, especially for this particular JK, the customer saw our sales manager's JK (IronMan) and said, "I want that." We said, "You got it." What's more to understand?

·
Registered
322 Posts
[They don't race hammers on coil/sprung rigs do they?]

There also not daily drivers or street legal either. But if you have that kind of disposable money, why not.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am not arguing or debating I just asked a question. Apparently I didn't read the other coil over thread. If a person wants coil overs because they look cool then that is a reason I cannot debate.
You didn't answer the question about diff upgrade pricing.

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not arguing or debating I just asked a question. Apparently I didn't read the other coil over thread. If a person wants coil overs because they look cool then that is a reason I cannot debate.
You didn't answer the question about diff upgrade pricing.
Having a hard time deciphering what your question actually is. Are you asking the price difference in reinforcing a factory axle versus swapping factory internals to an upgraded housing?

Touche, but you know what we meant. =)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I guess the question is why would a person sleeve and gusset a stock housing when there are better aftermarket D44 housing available. Obviously it is because of cost. After a customer pays you to reinforce their stock housing how much more would it have been for them to pay you to upgrade to a better housing.

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess the question is why would a person sleeve and gusset a stock housing when there are better aftermarket D44 housing available. Obviously it is because of cost. After a customer pays you to reinforce their stock housing how much more would it have been for them to pay you to upgrade to a better housing.
If we understand correctly,

Reinforcing a factory 44 housing with our axle assurance kit is around $1000; swapping factory internals to a Teraflex, Currie, or Dyna 44 can run upwards of $3500-- assuming we're talking about purchasing a brand new housing for use. (price estimates include parts AND labor)

Our axle assurance kit is for the moderate wheeler that wants extra peace of mind and the hardcore wheeler that is saving for 60's or 70's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts