JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do you know what the capacity is I read 6 qts but I swear i have read on a forum somewhere they only take 5 qts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yea it says 6 But for some reason I thought I had read 5 on a forum or something. Idk

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
I change & use 1gallon jug of amsoil 5w-30 + 2 additional 1qt bottles of the same ,every 3500 miles.
It is 6qts.

You need to empty a qt of oil out that's no bueno
to run overfilled. Probably hasn't hurt yet but could have
mucked that check valve up maybe?

Can't even trust anyone to fill a vehicle properly any longer;
change your own oil fixes this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh i am definitely changing my oil from now on dealership changed it because I had just purchased it. I went ahead and changed it again today that way I know what’s in it. I don’t think it hurt anything just definitely didn’t help my blow by problem which has almost stopped completely now

·
Registered
1 Posts
You ever figure it out? I had same issue but ran each valve cover hose to Y and one hose to my catch-can, ran discharge of catch-can under the Jeep and put a filter on it. This takes any oil out of the equation from going into your intake turning your 93 octane back into shitty gas. And where your PCV valve was, take it off and put rubber cap on the intake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also why would you have to remove PVC line and cap at the throttle body? You only attached catch can to the vent side from each valve cover correct?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a bunch of issues with my ripp as well, Ripp is a piece of shit I advise everyone not to get a ripp.
they have horrible customer service also.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have a bunch of issues with my ripp as well, Ripp is a piece of shit I advise everyone not to get a ripp.
they have horrible customer service also.
Im curious what kind of issues are you having?

Ive had my Ripp SC in my 3.8 for almost a year now but only put 3000 miles since the install. So far ive found an air leak at the MAP sensor grommet and noticed some oily film build up in the intake elbow which i believe is the pvc from passenger side valve cover. The driver side has a oil catch can and ill eventually install one on the pass side too.
I have to admit Ripp email customer service is terrible but calling has been great every time.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Im curious what kind of issues are you having?

Ive had my Ripp SC in my 3.8 for almost a year now but only put 3000 miles since the install. So far ive found an air leak at the MAP sensor grommet and noticed some oily film build up in the intake elbow which i believe is the pvc from passenger side valve cover. The driver side has a oil catch can and ill eventually install one on the pass side too.
I have to admit Ripp email customer service is terrible but calling has been great every time.

RIPP calling in is great, couldn't ask for better.

RIPP SC on my 2010 JKU was horrible.......well let's say it wasn't what I was hoping for on the HP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like you need to have it tuned.
I am thinking when you said the dealer my have over filled the oil that may be incorrect. I believe you are getting fuel in the crank case (blow by) causing the over fill condition.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
He solved the problem the right way. Throw that crap out and installed an LS
^This.... stupid money but it works and I plan on keeping it

Definitely need to install oil catch cans and get a proper tune.
No it was a brick, 5k and still a brick. They may work better on the 3.6 I'm not sure.... it just wasn't what it was hyped to be at all not even close.

I was running 35's and I could tell when I picked up another person in the Jeep...... yea it was that bad and the tune at the time was up to date.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts