JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Damned if that don’t make you think twice about working under the Jeep.... truly never know when

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts

It will seem possibly crass but I swear am not being humorous or sarcastic when I suggest it may have helped preserve this life had those removed wheel/tires been laid beneath that old Jeeps framerails while he lay there working; the jeep would have been shaken - off from tremors, thenfallen down upon them -maybe- instead of the guy.

(fwiw, this is one way I would not mind going)

sad, but looked like he lived out where he could wheel all the time ,so hopefully his life was good

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,230 Posts
It will seem possibly crass but I swear am not being humorous or sarcastic when I suggest it may have helped preserve this life had those removed wheel/tires been laid beneath that old Jeeps framerails while he lay there working; the jeep would have been shaken - off from tremors, thenfallen down upon them -maybe- instead of the guy.

(fwiw, this is one way I would not mind going)

sad, but looked like he lived out where he could wheel all the time ,so hopefully his life was good
Definitely an unfortunate event and sad that this guy lost his life probably doing something he enjoyed.

I think the wheels under the lifted vehicle thing is a free insurance policy that so many people overlook. Last few photos you shared of stuff you were working on had the wheels under the Jeep, which reminded me to do it as well, so thanks.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I was under Mazda MPV 4WD minivan, pulling out its electronically controlled 4 speed transmission and transfer case when the 1989 Loma Prieta quake hit just after 5PM. All the other techs had just cleaned up and left for the day. I had literally just separated the transmission from the engine and started lowering it on the transmission jack. I totally lived and tore that transmission down the next day. Where I got hurt was on the factory warranty flat rate times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts