JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, pretty new to this site and to Jeep in general. I bought my first Jeep last month and I have to say I love it. Have done lots of mudding/offroading before but was always done in my truck or on my ATV.
Anyways back to the question at hand......i'm looking to lift my jeep asap, and would like to put some 35's underneath it, im trying to find a good rim that will look great too, and im not sure what the exact lug pattern is for the new JK's? So far i have been looking at the XD Rockstars in black or the XD diesel's also in black. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what would look good on mt Steele Blue 2dr JK(black/chrome) or any other decent quality rims to suggest???:confused:

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_wheels.jsp?brand=XD+Series

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
well just on a quick glance, the rockstars are only available in the JK bolt pattern (5x5) at 20"+
and the diesels aren't shown at 5x5 at all
you *can* get 35"s to fit 20" rims but they cost a fortune and you won't get enough sidewall flex to be worth much off road, plus it's gonna be a HEAVY combo so regearing to 5.18s is gonna be mandatory.

Plus, those are some EXPENSIVE rims you're looking at!
for that kind of money, I'd go Poison Spiders myself (they're even alittle cheaper) or there are a multitude of much less expensive options that are still up to the task - check some of the offerings by procomp or mickey thompson.
I'm leaning towards the KMC Enduros myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool...yea i wasnt sure what the lug pattern was, but now that i know i will not get the xd's cause i dont want a 20" rim, was hoping to stay at about 17 maybe 18". About the gears, if im going with a 17' rim and some 35" claws on that what gears you think i would need to supplement the loss of power? and if i go with lower gears would that leave me with decent MPG as well(at least stock MPG)

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
you didn't say if you're auto or manual or if you have a Rubi - either way your choices are pretty much 4.88 or 5.13
Rubi's have 4.11s factory.
Personally, I'll probably go 4.88 when I goto 35's
5.13s would be the choice if I wheeled all the time, but since it's my daily driver I'll prob stick with 4.88s to try to keep as close to stock mileage as possible.
Even if it does turn a few more RPMs at speed on the highway, if it can hold OD and not downshift as much, I think I'll still be ahead since the 3.8 likes high RPMs anyway.
With my stock 32"s and 4.11 gears, I get about 14-15 MPG avg and that's mostly highway w/ cruise set @ 75-80MPH.

Besides, if I went to 5.13s I'd be too tempted to run 37"s :grinpimp:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
oh yea.....yea i have a wrangler x manual tans. im getting about 15mpg so far but i have about 1000 miles on it so far. This is also my daily driver but would love to take it offroad on some trails, but mainly right now im going for looks but also keeping or upgrading preformance as well. I looked at some of the KMC's and XD has a new model...the XD797 SPY, and it looks to have the 5x5 lug pattern.....also what would it cost to put 4.88's in...roughly???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts