JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,100 Posts
I thought rigid would have bought truck lite then I read that truck lite is owned by Penske so they do have the bigger pockets.

·
Registered
528 Posts
and next weeks news...4 wheel parts mother company buys Trucklite...damn, the industry is falling fast

·
Registered
587 Posts
Trucklight is a massive company. They are a major supplier for the military and the trucking industry. I can't speak for the civilian side, but the products that they put out for the military have been top notch and comparable in price to their competitors. So I see this merger as a good step. It should reduce Rigid's research and development overhead so that they can produce a better product at a better rate.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Trucklight is a massive company. They are a major supplier for the military and the trucking industry. I can't speak for the civilian side, but the products that they put out for the military have been top notch and comparable in price to their competitors. So I see this merger as a good step. It should reduce Rigid's research and development overhead so that they can produce a better product at a better rate.
I don't expect to see Rigid's prices falling anytime soon. Rigid with their high prices has had ridiculous growth in a market segment where there are hundreds of significantly cheaper alternatives.

That level of brand recognition is probably what attracted Truck Lite and what will keep the bottom line pretty high in the future.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I don't expect to see Rigid's prices falling anytime soon. Rigid with their high prices has had ridiculous growth in a market segment where there are hundreds of significantly cheaper alternatives.

That level of brand recognition is probably what attracted Truck Lite and what will keep the bottom line pretty high in the future.
^That and plus has any of their competitors put their lights through Rigid's torture tests?

·
22,100 Posts
I thought TWF did some a while back but that is neither here nor there...
But when I can buy 5 of some other companies lights vs. 1 rigid, I can afford to replace them if they go bad.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I will say Truck-lite has awesome customer service. My 2 year old (40000miles) 27270C lite had a bit of moisture inside one of the lenses. It still worked fine just stayed wet on the inside of the lens after washing or driving in the rain. I emailed TL and they said to send a photo to the vendor I bought them from (Northridge4x4) which I did and 10 minutes later I got an email with tracking number telling me a replacement set was on the way. They sent their ups account number and told me to send my old ones back on their dime. I told them only one light was bad and they still replaced the set. Awesome.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Sounds like Rigid cut a fat hog on this one... The lighting game is insane right now. There is NOW WAY I would ever want to be involved in some shit like that. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am willing to bet the guys at Rigid just got out in the nick of time.

·
22,100 Posts
Sounds like Rigid cut a fat hog on this one... The lighting game is insane right now. There is NOW WAY I would ever want to be involved in some shit like that. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am willing to bet the guys at Rigid just got out in the nick of time.
Well that's fucking interesting, care to enlighten us some more?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
^^ Pretty much, I regret most of my Rigid. The 10" SR combo bar is the only item I own that I think performs relatively well, and there is no way in hell i'd pay full price for another one.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
China is taking over :eek:

·
Registered
305 Posts
^^ Pretty much, I regret most of my Rigid. The 10" SR combo bar is the only item I own that I think performs relatively well, and there is no way in hell i'd pay full price for another one.
Surprised to hear this from you. My 10" combo SR is completely pointless with my sealed 7s lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts