JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed the Dually Floods on my JK and had a question about the wiring. Everything seems pretty simple and straight forward since it is designed to be a plug and play system. I

was talking to my buddy about this and he mentioned something about installing a relay between te switch an power source to reduce/eliminate the possibility of overheating/melting the switch. Now I normally trust his judgement as he's a smart cookie when it comes to anything automotive.

What has me raising an eyebrow is the Dually's only appear to have 1 amp draw (at least as far as I can tell) which if that is the case, is that enough to cause problems or require the use of a relay?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
You don't have to run a relay with the Rigid's... I've got relays for everything... just me, i'm happier with them.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You don't have to run a relay with the Rigid's... I've got relays for everything... just me, i'm happier with them.
Switches are normally rated at 15 amps, so with 1, I'm pretty sure it's safe.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
my D2's were plugged directly in my factory fogs for a while with no issue. Almost everything now has a relay (everything the same setup) but with that low of an amp draw they are pretty safe to not worry much about.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I am only going to run relays on my rigid d2's because I am changing out my KC for them and the wiring and relays are all ready in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts