JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run a rigid light on my dirtbike. Should i go with a dually or D2? Which provides better light coverage? Also can someone explain to me what the diffuser is from rigid. I think its like a flood beam but im not sure???

· Registered
997 Posts
The D2 is brighter. Each D2 has 2 more LEDs than the regular dually. The diffuser lens is a lens on a flood pattern dually that allows a 60 degree radius of light, translating into tons of light in the IMMEDIATE vicinity. In laments terms it is a wider light pattern, or shop light. It is not for distance if that is what you are after.

For instance I am going to get rear facing diffused dually’s for a camp site light and general purpose lighting. Just got to decide on 1 D2 or 2 regular dually’s.

-Dan

· Premium Member
3,871 Posts
Another option is running a 6 or 10" E series bar and asking if they can run flood on the outer LEDs and spot on the inner with each one being switched. (I know they will do it on the bigger bars)
http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/rgdatvmt10.htm

Then again, I like overkill :laughing:

the diffuser is just that, it will give a nice spill of light everywhere but it will not have a huge amount of throw. Great for close area coverage but not so much for anything outside of I would say 20-30 feet.

· Registered
2,286 Posts
I personally would run the D2 driving beam... it combines the spot and flood beams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.