JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have KC windshield mounted lights + brackets...if I decide to upgrade to Rigids, will my current brackets work or are Rigid specific mounts required?

Also, for where they'll be mounted, personal preference/opinions as to which ones will provide the best output? Flood/driving, lens type, d2, etc.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
I currently have KC windshield mounted lights + brackets...if I decide to upgrade to Rigids, will my current brackets work or are Rigid specific mounts required?

Also, for where they'll be mounted, personal preference/opinions as to which ones will provide the best output? Flood/driving, lens type, d2, etc.

Thanks!
Those KC mounts will work, you'll still use the brackets supplied with your Rigids.

If you don't have any other off road lighting on the Jeep, pick up a pair of Dually D2's. Twice the power out. Get the driving beam. It'll provide enough forward light so you don't outdrive what you can see, and help keep glare off your hood.

Good luck!

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Awesome, thanks so much.

The only other lighting I have currently are 55w 3000K HID's in the OEM fog housings and 6000k HID headlights, but soon to switch those to Truck Lites.
If you are going to be adding LED to your front end, try to keep all your HID atleast 6,000K. That way cosmetically it's all "pure white" and doesn't look like you have a mismatched lighting solution.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I use the BDF mounts on my windshield for my D2"s... love them... BDF for my factory fogs too... Dually's there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts