JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm planning to put a Rigid 10" E-Series Light bar on the front bumper of my jeep. I currently have a set of dually spot's on the a-pillar. What would be the best beam pattern for the light bar to be most useful on the trail? The bar comes in a spot, flood and a combo spot/flood pattern.

Anyone with experience with the different patterns or this light bar in general please chime in!

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi all,

I'm planning to put a Rigid 10" E-Series Light bar on the front bumper of my jeep. I currently have a set of dually spot's on the a-pillar. What would be the best beam pattern for the light bar to be most useful on the trail? The bar comes in a spot, flood and a combo spot/flood pattern.

Anyone with experience with the different patterns or this light bar in general please chime in!

Thanks
I have a Rigid bar in Combo beam, but wish I'd gone with their spot only pattern.

With lights in general I've found spot beams (and driving beams) light up both close and far, whereas flood or combo patterns light-up close-by brush that aren't needed, like tops of trees, etc.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'm currently running 4 D2's (all flood) and a E series 10" light bar (spot). It's a prefect setup for where I wheel. I'm always in tight wooded trails here in Cali so I don't need miles of light. The main reason I went with the light bar in spot was because the 4 D2's are plenty of flood. I wanted a little bit of distance. If I was to do it again I would have got the new SR series with the specter optics. They put out more light, I was a tad disappointed in the amount of light that the 10" e series puts out. The D2's walk all over it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've seen both. Personally I'd recommend you put a set of D2 floods on your bumper rather than the 10". The D2's are amazing. If you had 1,200 I'd tell ya to get a 50 inch but short of that go with a set of duallys or D2's.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Thanks for the responses, JK Vick where do your have your D2's mounted?

Also, I noticed on the SR series w/ specter optics it only comes in a driving pattern which seems the equivalent of a flood pattern.
I have one set on the A pillars and the other on the bumper. I would also recommend getting a set of D2's over the 10 inch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts