JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Saw some reviews online that Ridge grapplers are good in the snow just like the Duratracs, though ice traction isn't the best.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Saw some reviews online that Ridge grapplers are good in the snow just like the Duratracs, though ice traction isn't the best.
This is pretty much what I have seen too. Not sure any tires I have looked at would be good on ice but none could be as bad as the BFG KMs that came on JKUR!

My set of 285/70R17 Ridge Grapplers just arrived yesterday :smile2:

·
Registered
506 Posts
This is pretty much what I have seen too. Not sure any tires I have looked at would be good on ice but none could be as bad as the BFG KMs that came on JKUR!

My set of 285/70R17 Ridge Grapplers just arrived yesterday :smile2:
Keep us updated on how you like them! I am looking at getting a set of 37"s also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered some for my Jeep. They are due to get here just before New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine are suppose to be here tommarow. Doesn't do me much good though. it will be a couple weeks before the lift gets installed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
came yesterday. Wont know how they work on snow for a couple weeks yet but there sure more impressive in person then what they look like in pictures. Pretty aggressive looking tire.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Let's see some close up pics! What size did you get?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
305 70 17 but you've got one computer illiterate old timer here so youll have to live without pics. Maybe when the son in law puts the lift on next week ill get him to do some picts. Hes much better on the computer then I will ever be.
Let's see some close up pics! What size did you get?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey no problem! You are on jkowners.com so that's a start! :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Are they snow rated like the Duratracs ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ive had them two days now (305 70 17) I'm sure impressed. Running them on ice and snow there in a different world then the bfg mud terrains that were on it before. Set a 28lbs they even ride better the the bfgs that were set to 32lbs but then some of that could be the lift and the bilsteens. If duratracs and bfg ats are better on snow and ice they must be amazing as these are very impressive. Quiet as a snow tire on a car to boot. Shop that installed them said they were the easiest big tire to balance they ever had in the shop

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had my Ridge grapplers now about a week and love them. They are great in snow and pretty good on ice. I've got 35 12.5 17"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I have been driving the past few days on some snow and mostly ice. The tires have performed really well especially compared to the BFG KMs. They are also better than the GY MTRs I had on my TJ. Overall, I have been impressed with them but here in NC we don't get too much snow/ice so it is not a primary concern for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts