JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. We bought a 2017 JKU Rubicon in October from a local non Jeep dealership. It has BFG LT255/75R17s on it and the ride was quite smooth, until last week. At low speed, when stopping or starting it felt like it was in 4WD. I thought that it might be front drive components. Took it to a Jeep dealership and the first thing that they showed me was how the center tread was worn about 1/8 to 1/4 more than the rest. They put on 2 new tires. They performed a front end alignment, rotated the tires and checked front end components. It is better, but still not as smooth as it was when we bought it. It only had about 3,000 miles on it when we bought it and it has a little over 9,000 now. I know that these tires are pretty aggressive off road tires, but they are supposed to give a good ride on the black top. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be the problem. This is our first 4wd vehicle. Sorry for the long post but I tried to include all pertinent info.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
You need to rotate those type of tires every 3000 miles. Being that they are new you are just feeling the sharp edges and it should smooth out as you put some miles on it. I would also check the pressure as 28-32 is a good spot for there JK to give you a good ride and tire wear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.