JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I love these covers. Bought two from Phil a few months ago. I've pounded them on rocks and nary a scratch. I actually broke a decent size boulder in half on Golden Spike.

But the best thing about these covers is that they are smooth and relatively low profile. They don't catch on the track bars like those ridiculously stupid Rockcrusher style diff covers.

Plus, you gotta love that little skull thing. :D

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Its that price for the set or each. I bet i allready know is for each, but i had to ask.:shaking:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its that price for the set or each. I bet i allready know is for each, but i had to ask.:shaking:
Each set of one ;)

I don't think you'll find a stronger or better made diff cover for the money. They are exactly the same as the G2 ones, and bear more than a passing resemblance to the Crane covers, could have even been designed by the same person.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's a great deal! I love mine. :D

I doubt I could peel them away from the housing like the cheapy factory cover.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I know they are good. And Ive been looking at them for a while. I got a question for you Phil. How limited is the free shipping? Im asking because im about to be deployed for a while and i dont know if i will have the money to get them before i leave. I have to get some stuff straight befor i leave. I might be able to do so when i get to my location. Im really interested on them. Just let me know if u can. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thanks, i apreciate that. I should be back in November if i dont get extended but if i have internet acces at my location i will be ordering them by the end of June.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how is the raised filler a good feature?
Because if you are lifted, the angle of the diff will have changed and you won't be able to fill to stock level with a stock cover.

is over filling the diff benificial in some way?
Generally speaking more fluid = better cooling, but the reason the fill plug is high is as above.

FWIW The front is very picky about having too much fluid and will overflow out the vent easily of over filled. The rear takes more fluid much better, and i run 7.5 pts in my rear diff, as opposed to the stock 4.75 pts.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I got a set of the Riddler covers from Phil and love them. Very stout!

Phil speaks the truth about the overflow on the front dif. I extended the breather line and then added a venting catch bottle to catch any excess that is released. The catch bottle fill port is on the bottom and the vent tube is extended from the top. Any fluid that escapes goes into the catch bottle and then drains back into the dif when pressure allows.

If you have stock covers get the Riddlers from Phil. You'll be happy you did. :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
how are these compared to the ARB cover?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Still looking for time to get these on. Fast shipping and spot on. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Phil speaks the truth about the overflow on the front dif. I extended the breather line and then added a venting catch bottle to catch any excess that is released. The catch bottle fill port is on the bottom and the vent tube is extended from the top. Any fluid that escapes goes into the catch bottle and then drains back into the dif when pressure allows.
Id like to see a picture of that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts