JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First question is, if anyone is running the Powertrax Noslip in their Rear D44 with Tracloc or you know someone, I would like to here from you. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this, I'm already running an Aussie up front D30 & it's great. The Powertrax is the only one that is compatible with the Tracloc(limited Slip). I would like to run an Aussie in back also but would need to change carrier...
I'm looking at my 4WheelDrive Hardware Catalog and they do have it for the 06 TJ D44 Tracloc(p/n# 443020), I just don't know if this will be drop in install just like my Aussie in my D30 was. I'm wondering what would stop an install(what would be different in my D44). Any input greatly Appreciated... I will buy from one our vendors if they have it.
On a side note,..Yesterday we had a snow/ice storm and I went 30 Miles to pick Granddaughter up. Absolutely no problems at all when in 4 Hi, you definitely no it's there but it drives great. I was definitely worried due to all the horror stories about a locker up front....no problem & kicks A$$ offroad.

·
Registered
774 Posts
JK and TJ carriers on the 44's are different. It won't work with the JK.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JK and TJ carriers on the 44's are different. It won't work with the JK.
Thx,..not good news,....I just want don't want to invest in a manual locker, putting money in other things. So if I would use an Aussie in the D44(Tracloc)(if it would either fit also) I would definitely need a Carrier???????? or is the Aussie in the same boat(neither will work)

What lockers you running??

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"igofsn's" answer from over on the JF & my response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn
My rear is a limited slip, I am going to go with a detroit. The main difference in the carriers is that the JK bearings are spaced differently. My buddy is going to mill some different spacers and that way I will be able to use a TJ detroit in my JK. I'll be doing it this summer when I regear to 5.13's. My front has the aussie.

Thx Gotcha, I have to admit the LIMITED SLIP rear & locked front works great..... Detroit will be awesome & sounds like you have a great plan....good luck,....my mind is not going to rest until I come up with something. One of my good or bad traits..lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts