JKOwners Forum banner

RHB+Uconnect install mystery wires and Jscan Programming

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  JooConnect 
#1 ·
Hi ya'll, bought an RHB radio and some associated uconnect parts to replace the base model 2012 stock RES that stopped working. The seller was gracious enough to help out with the antitheft code, which made the process much easier. However, they did a hack job on the Uconnect and bluetooth mic wires! As can be seen in the included images, I have every port figured out except for the ones circled in red and yellow. So I have a few questions for the professionals in these forums:

1. I am wondering what the orange connector plugs into to link up my uconnect with my RHB? I have seen this product ( UConnect® Jumper Kit ) but it seems confusing as to what I would do with the exist uconnect harness since it doesn't look like it has a male end that will fit, just a male on the other side that goes into radio and female on other.

2. Regarding the product in post one, what do I do with the usb port section, which looks just to be a miniusb? In the pictures I included, it looks like they snipped the end?! I only care about the front port of my RHB radio, not the additional ones. It currently does not work with my newer samsung or the female drivers iphone 11. I haven't yet updated the firmware so I hope that will fix that issue.

3. Additionally, the microphone a pillar piece is also cut... Leaving me wonder both where it plugs in and how I can get a replacement plug without buying a new mic. Could I somehow splice a connector? I just don't know if it goes into the uconnect or the radio also...

4. Finally, I love my Jscan app and obd2 programmer because it let me reprogram the tire size, custom TPMS, and recently activate my backup camera for this new RHB (albeit with an adapter). The only issue is, once I install uconnect, will I be able to change the programming myself to accept it? Or...do I have to go to the dreaded dealership... I am in the middle of messaging Jscan people regarding this so it's the least of my concerns really. I need to get the darn module in there first!

Thanks for reading and hope to hear some inputs on my complicated situation!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.