JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my reverse lights only seem to work when they want to. Even when they do turn on they are really delayed, almost like I have to back up a few feet before they kick on. Only thing I can think of would be if it is weather related as I have just noticed it when it is colder outside. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
im on my cell so I can't see your specs, if its a manual transmission I think there is a sensor for reverse and it may have a bad connection. I that problem on another vehicle and that was the fix.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
fritz is a popular word in this forum lately.

·
Registered
311 Posts
wonder if it has anything to do with chrysler formerly being german....
fritz.... hans.. gunther my salesmans name was Dieter!?....;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
have you checked the bulbs? could be moisture in the sockets

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a manual, I havent checked the bulbs simply because they do come on occasionally didnt think of moisture. Any idea where the sensor for the reverse lights is located I will check that and the bulbs.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The switch is on the drivers side of the transmission below where the shifter lever goes out the top. The lights are NOT driven directly off the switch. The signal from the switch goes to the TIPM which then decides whether to turn on the lights.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the lights seem to have fixed themselves. The only thing I can think of is the tranny crossmember took some hard knocks out at rausch creek yesterday, maybe that knocked some sense into that sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts