JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about just keeping my eye open this summer for a wrecked jeep with a hard to buy for mine from one of the local junk yards or just a deal on one in general. My question is anything besides the obvious hardware I need... i.e. wiring for the rear wiper?.....

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I think the Jeep has to be ordered with the hardtop for the rear wiper controls.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The front panels of the hardtop bolt through the soundbar. There should be two 2 1/2 - 3 inch depressions there that the bolts go through. I dont know if the soft tops had them or if there's some kind of filler. There's also the rear window washer fluid hose to deal with.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the bolt openings...and to be honest i am not too concerned about the wiper at all...but i thought maybe they were all wired and all i would need was the switch....i have had trucks my whole life and never needed a rear wiper...so i could live without it for sure....

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have the bolt openings...and to be honest i am not too concerned about the wiper at all...but i thought maybe they were all wired and all i would need was the switch....i have had trucks my whole life and never needed a rear wiper...so i could live without it for sure....
You should be good to go then. I hardly ever use my wiper or the defroster (especially now that the filament has come off in places).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I think the Jeep has to be ordered with the hardtop for the rear wiper controls.
Mopar has the wiring kit to put a hard top on a jeep that did not have one.
Have you priced a new one from Mopar?
Not too bad for a new product guaranteed to fit.
The 4 wheel shops around here buy them from me quite often.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Also just a thought. Do the soft top JKs have the little hoops under the visors that the hard top fronts latch onto?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I haven't priced one through mopar, just the mopar factory replacements in different catalogs at around 2100.00. I don't want one that bad, haha!

Mopar has the wiring kit to put a hard top on a jeep that did not have one.
Have you priced a new one from Mopar?
Not too bad for a new product guaranteed to fit.
The 4 wheel shops around here buy them from me quite often.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Y'all must be someplace warm not to use the defroster or rear wiper. Used the heck out of mine yesterday in the foot of snow we got.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts