JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This information probably already exists online somewhere so if somebody has a link I would really appreciate it...

If not, I have a favor to ask of somebody with a stock 2 door x. :smokin:
( not sure if there is a difference between other models)

I need some measurments that I should have taken before I did my lift.:eek:
I need to find out exactly where I am sittin with the lift. If somebody could take a few measurments, preferably a couple from each corner, from the top of the axel tubes to the frame rail or something similar would be best.

I always hate to ask for help like this from a stranger but I would truly appreciate it!

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I can see it now, parking lot dash and measures. :laughing:

I would be tempted to go to the dealer and do several measurements. I say that because I'm under the impression there was a fair amount of variable to this and that way you might be able to find the most likely stock measurement, but not necessarily the measurement that your JK was.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, I was feeling the same way. I read someplace that there is over 20 different spring rates on the JK ?

I just couldn't think of a good response to "umm..uhhh, hello sir, something I can help you with?"

Only thing I could think of was "no, just lookin" :smokin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yah, I was feeling the same way. I read someplace that there is over 20 different spring rates on the JK ?

I just couldn't think of a good response to "umm..uhhh, hello sir, something I can help you with?"

Only thing I could think of was "no, just lookin" :smokin:
I go to dealer on Sunday for stuff like that as they are all close during that time around here for some unknown reason. On the jeep it's even more fun because you can open the hood. Just pop the latch, nothing to pop from inside the car.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
The old Ford Harley Truck site I'm admin on has a thread like this, sticky in the suspension forum.
Comes in REAL handy for suspension mod ideas - on there it was drops, here it would be good for lifts.
It's a killer resource - wanna go up or down an inch, half an inch, whatever, get your measurement, go look for someone with the measurement you need and see what they used to get it.
Measure from the edge of your fender flare to the center of your wheel - that way tire size doesn't affect your measurements.
List your model, 2D/4D, front and rear measurements, suspension components and bumpers/winch combo :mr-t:
Stockers would be a great point of reference to start with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts