JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to take on replacing the clockspring instead of paying the dealership $550+. I would definitely recommend you do the same and put that money towards other mods.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I decided to take on replacing the clockspring instead of paying the dealership $550+. I would definitely recommend you do the same and put that money towards other mods.

A has finally recognized this issue and a recall notice will be going out. If you have already shelled out $$ for the part or had it replaced at the dealership, you ought to be able to submit your receipt and get $$ back from FCA.

I tried to insert a link to autonews dot com for an article with details but i am too new to post links. I guess you'll just have too trust me on this.

·
Registered
9 Posts

A has finally recognized this issue and a recall notice will be going out. If you have already shelled out $$ for the part or had it replaced at the dealership, you ought to be able to submit your receipt and get $$ back from FCA.

I tried to insert a link to autonews dot com for an article with details but i am too new to post links. I guess you'll just have too trust me on this.
Looks like that post put me in good graces. Here's the link: http://www.autonews.com/article/20160518/RETAIL05/160519865/fca-recalls-nearly-600000-jeep-wranglers-fiat-500s

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

Some 506,420 Wranglers are being recalled to inspect the clockspring, a part in the steering wheel that aids with airbag deployment.

FCA said in a statement that dust and dirt gathered from off-road driving can “compromise the clockspring and eventually prevent driver-side airbag deployment in a crash.”

Compromised clocksprings will activate the Wrangler’s airbag warning lamp, in which case drivers should notify a dealership, FCA said.

In the U.S., the recall includes 392,464 Wranglers from the 2007-10 model years and 7,435 from the 2011-16 model years with right-hand drive for special duty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts