JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried a search and couldn't come up with the name for a highpower replacement headlight bulb. Any help would be appreciated. Not in a position right now to switch to HID but would like best lighting for the time being. Is there an adapter plug from 9004 to H4 ...

Thanks

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
There are adapter pigtails to go from the stock wiring to H4, as sold with the Delta headlights, but an H4 bulb will not fit the stock headlight.

I'm not sure, but you may find that the stock wiring is limited in how much current it can provide anyway, so a higher wattage H13 (9008) bulb may not help much.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
I got the delta quad bar headlights (from Phil!), hard to beat for the price out of the box.

I am now doing the same thing venom did and building a new harness tho. I have some hella h4 100/55 bulbs sitting in my garage waiting for the relays to come in.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
There are adapter pigtails to go from the stock wiring to H4, as sold with the Delta headlights, but an H4 bulb will not fit the stock headlight.

I'm not sure, but you may find that the stock wiring is limited in how much current it can provide anyway, so a higher wattage H13 (9008) bulb may not help much.
You're probably right regarding the wiring harness, but I just bought a pair of PHILIPS X-TREME POWER 9008/H13 bulbs, anyhow. I haven't installed them yet; so, I don't know how much of a difference they will make, but anything has to be better than stock.

http://www.bulbs.com/eSpec.aspx?ID=15032&Ref=Category&RefId=13

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
You're probably right regarding the wiring harness, but I just bought a pair of PHILIPS X-TREME POWER 9008/H13 bulbs, anyhow. I haven't installed them yet; so, I don't know how much of a difference they will make, but anything has to be better than stock.
just be careful and do a lot of testing before you go on a night drive
CANBUS responds to thing it doesn't like by turning them off
so if you're on the highway at night and CANBUS decides it's had enough of your x-treme power usage.......

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I plugged in a set of PIAA extreme whites. Much better light output (noticable) plus it doesn't look like someone pissed in my headlights anymore.

Only cost $100 way up here in Canada.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
It says they are 65/55 watts. Those may piss the cantbus off.
Great.:shaking: I guess I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
It says they are 65/55 watts. Those may piss the cantbus off.
Well, I just got done putting them in (along with my Daystar hood latches). The original bulbs also state 65/55 watts on them. I ran it for awhile and drove it around the block and no problems so far. It's still too early and bright out to see the light pattern, but I did notice that lamps now have a pure white glow instead of that yellowish tint with the factory bulbs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
So, has anyone installed a set of 65/55 bulbs and used them at night enough to be able to confirm or deny any improvement? My new Q-tec catalog has Sylvania SilverStar H13 bulbs for $20 each. This would be a pretty inexpensive upgrade if they actually improve things. I have a hard time believing the stock bulbs are actually 55 watts on low beams. I have flashlights that put out more light :bawling:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I put Sylvania Silverstars in fogs, h/lamps and Hellas.
They work great and does not overheat the wiring.
I recomend these for inexpensive upgrades.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
another vote for Silverstars

I put Sylvania Silverstars in fogs, h/lamps and Hellas.
They work great and does not overheat the wiring.
I recomend these for inexpensive upgrades.
x2

I changed mine out shortly after i got my jeep. I have the silverstars in the fogs and headlights and noticed a drastic improvement.

also on a side note - usually on www.sylvania.com you can find rebates for the bulbs. I think I saved $20 at the time i bought mine.

Here is an old pic from the florida crew doing some mall crawling with my lights on (notice how small Roosters jeep was at the time.... the good ol days where we could drive and i could look over to see him, now i have to break my neck looking up) LOL!!!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I had Silverstars for a while, and there was an improvement, but I just found that the lo beam was still lacking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts