JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What battery do you guys suggest or run and have experience with to replace the stock battery? Optima I've heard good and bad about buts that's what I'm leaning torwards.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have been running a Optima yellow top for about a year now. No problems so far.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody got any other comments about optima. Like warranty info? Or projected life of the battery?thanks guys .. Just tryin to prepare for when the stocker dies

·
Registered
205 Posts
im running the red top its well worth the money

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
i ran an optima for almost 3 years in the jk with no issues and now i am running dual odysseys and they are working great as well

·
Registered
757 Posts
Bought an Optima today and they have bumped the warranty up from 1 year to 3 year. That may put any dependability issues to rest.

Where are you a medic at?
Good for you but that sucks for me. I just looked at their website and it looks like the warranty changed 2/1/2009. I will have to find my receipt and see when I got mine.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are you a medic at?[/QUOTE]

Well Im a EMT testing for my NREMTP in N. Mississippi. That computer test is pretty rough.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The Sears/Odyssey is about the same price as the Optima but has better specs and a better warranty. I got 4 years out of my yellow top Optima in my conversion van. I replaced it with the Sears/Odyssey. As soon as the weather breaks, I'll be swapping it into the Jeep.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
here are some photos of mine both ways :D

with the yellow top

and with the dual Odyssey and Benchmark Designs kit :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts