JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have an '07 JK 2Dr that I replaced the OEM seats with some new Corbeau Moabs. During the swap I noted that there was a wiring harness that consised of OCM, Passenger Seat position sensor and 4 weight sensors. I'm using the existing OEM seatbelts for now so that's not an issue, the seat position sensor I mounted to the new frame in the approximate location of the OEM frame. The final piece is the 4 weight sensors ( strain gauge type). My understanding is that they are supplied with 5V from Pin 3 of the connector, Pin 1 is Ground and then Pin 2 is the return signal (I'm assuming the reduced voltage that results when the strain gauge has weight on it). I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with putting together a bypass for this. My working theory is that if I get 4 variable resistors and connect Pin 1 (GND) and Pin 3 (+5V) to the variable resistor and tune the resistor so that the output is say something between 1 and 2 volts it may trick the OCM into being happy. I'm putting together a test circuit on a breadboard to pre-dial the resisors in and with quick connect splice clips should be able to easily monitor and verify outputs to test.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts