JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have an '07 JK 2Dr that I replaced the OEM seats with some new Corbeau Moabs. During the swap I noted that there was a wiring harness that consised of OCM, Passenger Seat position sensor and 4 weight sensors. I'm using the existing OEM seatbelts for now so that's not an issue, the seat position sensor I mounted to the new frame in the approximate location of the OEM frame. The final piece is the 4 weight sensors ( strain gauge type). My understanding is that they are supplied with 5V from Pin 3 of the connector, Pin 1 is Ground and then Pin 2 is the return signal (I'm assuming the reduced voltage that results when the strain gauge has weight on it). I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with putting together a bypass for this. My working theory is that if I get 4 variable resistors and connect Pin 1 (GND) and Pin 3 (+5V) to the variable resistor and tune the resistor so that the output is say something between 1 and 2 volts it may trick the OCM into being happy. I'm putting together a test circuit on a breadboard to pre-dial the resisors in and with quick connect splice clips should be able to easily monitor and verify outputs to test.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello Randy, I recently installed Corbeau seats in my 2012 Wrangler and I cut the weight sensor out of the old passenger seat and left the sensor plugged in to it's regular position and just bundled the wires (both seats) and left them under the seats. No lights on the dash and all is well. here's a few pics.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk Gear shift
Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive tire Automotive fuel system
Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Vehicle
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Vehicle Mode of transport
Automotive tire Bumper Trunk Automotive exterior Hood

The pic with two white wires coming out of the seat bottom is of the seat occupant sensor. I cut it out of the old seat to bypass the sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts