JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exploring some ideas and looking for some brutally honest feedback:

Would you rent something like this?
Interesting to note: with all of the stuff you take off before you put this thing on, the net weight gain over a stock rig is only about 300 pounds!

What would you expect (or be willing) to pay?
Just for frame of reference, an equivalent Earthroamer sells for about $150K-$250K, and a rental 19-ft. (non 4x4) RV runs about $160/day.

Link to site: http://actioncamper.info/details.php?ktid=4&artID=7

Pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
That would be cool but how long to get your money back? Even at $250 a day it would seem to take 5+ years? What if they flopped on the devils staircase? That wouls be bad

Jason

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL! They won't be doing the Stairs, Jason! :D And we already rent our Rubicons for $275/day without any camping accessories, and weekly rates ranging from $800-$1750. I would think no one would rent one for a day--maybe 3-day to multi-week intervals.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
I like it because you can retain the factory antenna.
The antennae of Jeeps is serious shit.

Well now THAT looks like a golf cart got all plowed on 151 and fucked that same sprinter van. That sprinter van slut sure gets around.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
too much, wrong (ab)user

dan does have a way with words

I agree wiht Jason too, regular rig with roof top tent could be a big hit. but the earth roamer thing gives me images of robin williams types absolutely trashing it like in that movie...but I am guessing you see that all day..then again I might consider it if it came with a kegerator and AC!:th_pray: and a few dirtbikes on a trailer.......

oh yeah sedona, scratch the kegerator and put in a sauna

·
Registered
925 Posts
I think it would be better to use the JK habitat.

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/jkhabitat.html

^^^^^ This one, YES all day!

The other one, hell no. It looks like they tried to cram to much crap in a really small space. I'm one for simplicity! And the first one seems like the trailer on the back with all that inside would bring the COG up higher and then you'd be risking a flop from unruly renters.

·
Registered
840 Posts
It's definitely different. Doesn't really look a ton of storage for such a big conversion.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I think its a good idea. I can see a small group of guys / gals going out with their own rigs but having that rental along for the night. Not everyone likes tent camping.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
LOL! They won't be doing the Stairs, Jason! :D And we already rent our Rubicons for $275/day without any camping accessories, and weekly rates ranging from $800-$1750. I would think no one would rent one for a day--maybe 3-day to multi-week intervals.
Maybe for a HS Prom night. :thefinger::eek:

i think you'd get people wanting to rent to it. people rent campers, pop-up campers, smaller RV's, etc. IDK, maybe $300 or so per day?

I honestly could see this used for week long camping trips, Mtn Bike trips, etc.

What about doing something like the AT FlipPaq type setup?

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I could see it being used as a support vehicle for a longer trip, but it really is good awful ugly.

If I was to rent a Jeep for a week for camping, I would prefer a roof top tent and cooking over a fire, or a coleman stove.

Crossing the line from an offroad vehicle to an RV. No roll cage worries me with all that weight up top.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Think it is a good idea but go for the Habitat with antenna. Adventure trailers makes some good Chit.:koolaid:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts