Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
i have a question on how to remove the wheel flare. why? BECAUSE
MY GIRL WRECKED THE JK :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
WASN"T HER FAULT BECAUSE SHES AN :innocent: LOL
i`ve removed the inner plastic fender, but i'm not sure how to release
the clips that hold on the flare to the body .

also has anyone noticed all of the nooks and body seams that can hold
dirt that can attract metal termites?

thanks
rwb 07rrcp unlimited

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MICHAELW
THE SECOND PIC OF THE CLIP DO YOU ROTATE THE CLIPS AND THEN LIFT OFF FENDER (some clips didnt rotate because not enough room )
thanks rwb

·
Registered
774 Posts
I did it the easy way. i ripped them off. I wasn't planning on reusing them.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
After you remove the plastic rivets along the outside edge of the fender (I used the 5-1 putty knife tool to slice the heads off) the fender just lifts off the plastic body hooks by pulling straight up. You may break a couple while figuring it out but it really is simple. FWIW I replaced my plastic clips up front with large short bolts with cap(nylock) nuts exposed. The back is a PITA.

If you or anyone is planning on pulling your stock fenders there are people that will want to by them so I wouldn't toss them. I really dig my flexible "flatties". ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After you remove the plastic rivets along the outside edge of the fender (I used the 5-1 putty knife tool to slice the heads off) the fender just lifts off the plastic body hooks by pulling straight up. You may break a couple while figuring it out but it really is simple. FWIW I replaced my plastic clips up front with large short bolts with cap(nylock) nuts exposed. The back is a PITA.

If you or anyone is planning on pulling your stock fenders there are people that will want to by them so I wouldn't toss them. I really dig my flexible "flatties". ;)[/

michaelw, thanks for the info. i just wasnt looking at it right. you've been very helpful again thanks
rwb rrcp unlimited:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts