JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, thanks for always answering my sometimes rookie questions without snark or smart ass answers.i've had a bad experience on some other boards..so in that case lemme ask ya another simple one..

i want to paint my interior with some herculiner & i want to remove my seats while i paint it..

are there any tricks to removing (and replacing) the stock seats? i also have side airbags..is there anything i need to worry about when removing & reinstalling? power surges? anything that will seat off the bags??

thanks
steve

·
Registered
962 Posts
first off, thanks for always answering my sometimes rookie questions without snark or smart ass answers.i've had a bad experience on some other boards..so in that case lemme ask ya another simple one..

i want to paint my interior with some herculiner & i want to remove my seats while i paint it..

are there any tricks to removing (and replacing) the stock seats? i also have side airbags..is there anything i need to worry about when removing & reinstalling? power surges? anything that will seat off the bags??

thanks
steve
Disconnect the battery first. Then wait a bit before unplugging anything, I've read, but not personally confirmed, that the caps need to discharge before messing with the airbag system.
On the front pass seat be very careful setting it down and do not let anyone sit in it while it's out of the jeep. The weight sensors (there are four of them) will be damaged.

Be sure to post pics up when it's done, sounds like a good project!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts