JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
14ers
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:
Anyone know how to remove the interior door panels? I need to remove the driver side rear door panel because when the thug smashed my window to steal my briefcase, a bunch of the glass went inside the door and the rattling is driving me nuts :bawling:

thanks...

·
14ers
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe it or not I asked them about it and they said they could not figure out how to get the rest of the glass out. They took the door off. Took the panel off. Apparently there's more that meets the eye. they couldn't figure out how to get to the insides. :shaking:

·
14ers
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, according to them they took off the panel but it allows very little access to inside the bottom of the door. they said they could not vacuum out all of the glass.

Any additional input is greatly appreciated.

·
14ers
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds easy...:shaking: NOPE.
I spent an hour last Friday trying to get the shards out. Kept shaking it upside down like a school bully extracting lunch money. I was afraid the bits might screw up the window lifts somehow. Or get into the motor or something. Every time I close the door it sounds like a maraca. I don't want a musical JK. :pissed:

·
14ers
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have thought about that and have no problem whatsoever drill and cutting anywhere, as long as it's not something I'll need later. Or in this case, drill into the harness that Jeep would think is better to hang below the window lift :shaking:

If you anyone knows it can be done without ruining anything inside, I'd appreciate some insight.

Pros/cons?

·
14ers
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THAT'S what I'm talkin' about, man! I gave up, but when I saw you post up, I thought I'd put in .02 more cents. I still have a few shards left inside. Everytime I take the doors off (couple time a week it seems) I turn it upside down and get more glass out :shaking:

·
14ers
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OMG !! :eek:

I'm glad I already shook all the broken glass out. Only took a few months. Everytime I would take the doors off, or put them on, or move them around in the garage, I would torn the one door over and shake out a few more shards. WAAAAAYYY easier then taking the stupid panel off. :shaking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.