JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mopar remote start kit requires a grey wire to spilce into the 3.8 coil wire which is on top of the 3.8 (a 4 way plug). Since the Hemi's don't have this part but rather individual wires from the harness to each cylider, I'm needing the comparable splice point.

I've installed the 2-way remote kit into my 6.1 JK except for this wire. It all functions as it should but without this wire it starts, shuts down, restarts and repeats this. I'm assuming this coil wire tells the remote start it's running so without it connected it doesn't know.

Anyone with any idea how to tie it into the Hemi's?

·
Registered
343 Posts
The Mopar remote start kit requires a grey wire to spilce into the 3.8 coil wire which is on top of the 3.8 (a 4 way plug). Since the Hemi's don't have this part but rather individual wires from the harness to each cylider, I'm needing the comparable splice point.

I've installed the 2-way remote kit into my 6.1 JK except for this wire. It all functions as it should but without this wire it starts, shuts down, restarts and repeats this. I'm assuming this coil wire tells the remote start it's running so without it connected it doesn't know.

Anyone with any idea how to tie it into the Hemi's?
I would check the install instructons for a GC and see how it is handled on that.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My remote start was already on the 3.8 before the Hemi install, but if you want to give me a call and I'll go out and look at it this evening, maybe we can trace it down. PM me for my cell # if you think this may work.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Are you using the factory remote start? I would personally go for a viper or autopage security/start solution IMO, only wire on the engine you'd need there is the tach and that's just for the rev cutoff

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
you just need a tach input, thats what th ewire on the coil was for, you should be able to go to any injector and use the non-common wire ( there will be a same color wire at each injector use the one thats not the same at each one) now you may need to "learn" the tach input, at least you do on a aftermarket remote start, im not sure how to do that on a factory system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts