JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a pair of Edelbrock IAS Extreme Travel remote Resiovor shocks. The person selling them didnt really know anything except that they were supposed to be for a late model Chevy truck. Based on the pics, I decided to take the gamble. I had researched some specs based on other brands of shocks and I had a good idea that they would fit my JK.

I got them and I have to say I was PLEASED with my gamble. This is one of the new Edelbrocks next to my OEM front shock.

I know... I'm a sorry Jeeper. I forgot to get firm measurements on the shocks, but I can say that the new shock are about 3" longer than the originals extended.

Here is the first install. It took the longest, as I had to fight with the shock. They come precharged and they are very hard to compress with the upper posts mounted. I got it squared away, though. :D

Here is a shot at ride height.

While not the best choice for placement, I went ahead and hung the resoivors as you see them. This was the best compromise at the moment. I have not come to a decision of where I want them to reside permanently. I opted to hang em up and them use zip-ties to pull the fender liners in to the frame. No risk of flapping with the added weight.

As for the ride.
They are what I expected. Very firm. Not harsh... just very firm. The rear shocks feel pretty squishy compared to the new ones. I'd lay a large portion of that on how much pressure these things are under. I may be communicating with Edelbrock on the ability to lower the nitrogen pressure as a way to lighten up the ride a little. Couple of positive things. NO dive under braking. NONE. NADA. This is with the Mopar winch bumper. (we'll see after I can afford a winch)

The ride, while firm, is compiant and there seems to be smoother tracking over rough roads.

Here, it's is nearly fully compressed. there is less than 1/2 inch between the bumpstop and the axle pad. wheels cut all the way to the right.

before anyone asks....
I have yet to find the actual part number on these shocks. they do not appear to be on the box. :confused:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Interesting.

Edelbrock does now offer a fitted reservoir and non reservoir shock for the jk.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Not hatin', but I have a question. Are you able to get full compression with the longer shock body? I think you'll need to move that res when the tire compresses into the fender well. You might want to think about a shock mount bracket, that's how I did mine. I hope they work for ya.

This is my set-up.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in its current configuration, yes. full compression is clear. the bottom pic is with less than 1/2" to the bumpstop... even allowing compression of... say 2" of the bumpstop, it would be close, but not so close as to interfere. that was a major concern.

it is streetable... even offroadable... but the current position is temporary at this point. may end up permanent depending on future tire choice, etc.

BTW... love the Fox shocks. i wish i had the money. :bawling:
these will meet the need for the progression in lift and flex. I tend to build mine low, but flexible. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts