Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Another remote control "jeep"

Stripped T-Maxx RTR and rebuilt from the frame up. 2 speed/ 4X4/ re-geared/ CVEC exhaust/ nitro. top speed of about 45mph. Also have an Associated RC10 GT and a Kyosho MP 7.5. Lots of fun...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
I saw this in the Flying J Truck Stop in Orange,TX tonight, And i just HAD to share it with yall! :shaking:
lol, it amazes me how many people don't know the difference between a Jeep and a "hummer". I would think there must have been at least a few people involved with the marketing of that product and none of them noticed! wow...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I've got a silver R/C JK sahara from Radioshack. It's around a foot long and runnin some big tires. Damn 2WD doesn't do well in grass. :shaking:

·
Registered
749 Posts
I wish I had Photos of my T-Maxx.We have an RC Park here In Avon Park and we used to drag Our T-Maxs in the 1/4 for RC,I believe its 115 Feet.It Had paddle tires with barely no suspension strictly for 1/4 Mile.Mine ran in the 5 second time @ about 55 to 60 mph,It was point it and wish for the best.I really cant remember what motor it ran but I do remember that the motor was ported and ran on 60% intro.I have a Friend in Avon Park that has an RC
store and he has some wicked RC cars/Trucks.
I got rid of my RC car cause I lost Interest in it and after a while never used them.Its a very expensive Hobby if you really get into it.Just to give you an Idea I sold my Drag T-maxx for $1500.00. Thats alot of parts for my Jeep.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
The nitro r/c stuff is actually pretty fun stuff to get into. When you spend weeks/ months to build one, then dump in the fuel and fire it up for the first time...it's pretty cool. The smell and sound of the nitro is almost addictive. These things go from 20- 30 mph up to 60 + mph. The best is when you have a son or nephew, and can build and run them together. It's a great learning experience for a kid. Gear ratios/ 2- 4 stroke engine tuning/ toe/ camber/ alignment/ etc...It kept my nephew on track to eventually learning about full size dirt bikes and atv's and kept him away from the "cant figure out what trouble to get into" syndrome. :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
I really enjoyed it back then. It was Just one thing or another. If you can keep them stock (nitro Ones) they usually last @ least a gallon of gas B4 the engine starts acting up. I would constantly be stripping gears and having to change them. My RC was extremely fast,I would line up @ the start and point and shoot,very little control if any. But on a good run it would shoot a rooster tail 5ft up in the air front wheels barely on the ground,nothing like it.
I also got into real drag racing (asphalt) for a little bit. One thing that would blow my mind was getting smoked by the Electric ones.I believe that the world record is still held by an Electric RC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.