JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I relocated to Minneapolis/St. Paul area 10/24/2022 for work, technically the moving vehicle will be here this Monday. I have been a native Texan my entire life so if any of you guys see a white rubicon unlimited with Texas plate and I'm creeping at 2 mph while it's snowing or ice I apologize in advance....

Long story short I am needing to get some service done to the Jeep, it has been a weekend vehicle for the past few years since I bought my truck due to driving from Houston to Corpus every week for work. Are there any "modded Jeep friendly" dealers in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, closer to Apple Valley where we are staying would be a plus but I am ok to drive if need be.

Short mod list, 37" Terra Grappler G2's, 3" teraflex springs, ACOS front coil spring adjustment perches, all of the synergy front/rear bracketry reinforcement kits, bolt kits and steering part upgrades, front big brake kit, 5.13 gears, Nemesis Ind. flares, advanced adapters true spherical rod end shift cable, bumpers, winch, lights and so on....

I have the lifetime powertrain warranty too and I know that is a subjected debate but I need a place to get the fluids changed and such and I'd prefer to keep that subjective warranty in place if at all possible. My tools and everything else do not get here till Monday and I would prefer to have a place that i can take it as opposed to freezing my nuggets off in the driveway.

Also is there any other advice? When I replaced the fenders, I went through the under carriage with Por-15 pretty extensively to combat the rust from being in the salt air and such on the gulf coast, up here the stuff they put on the roads appears to tear some vehicles up. Any recommendations, I see that some people do like a bi-annual undercoating of some sort. Is that a gimmick or is there any worth to doing this? It has also been recommended to get a subscription to one of the car washes that do the undercarriage and run it through there multiple times per month. This sounds like a good idea if you live in the parking lot but having to drive on the same roads for 1-2 miles to get to the garage it would seem to defeat the purpose of the recent wash, wouldn't it?

Also, any recommendations for custom car audio and security as well as a tint shop? I need to get a remote start added to the sequoia and I am too old and had too many neck surgeries to be crawling under a dash to do it myself. And my front door tint on both jeep doors needs to be replaced.

I appreciate any tips, thoughts, help as this was a "rushed" relocation so everything has been a blur.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Hello all, I relocated to Minneapolis/St. Paul area 10/24/2022 for work, technically the moving vehicle will be here this Monday. I have been a native Texan my entire life so if any of you guys see a white rubicon unlimited with Texas plate and I'm creeping at 2 mph while it's snowing or ice I apologize in advance....

Long story short I am needing to get some service done to the Jeep, it has been a weekend vehicle for the past few years since I bought my truck due to driving from Houston to Corpus every week for work. Are there any "modded Jeep friendly" dealers in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, closer to Apple Valley where we are staying would be a plus but I am ok to drive if need be.

Short mod list, 37" Terra Grappler G2's, 3" teraflex springs, ACOS front coil spring adjustment perches, all of the synergy front/rear bracketry reinforcement kits, bolt kits and steering part upgrades, front big brake kit, 5.13 gears, Nemesis Ind. flares, advanced adapters true spherical rod end shift cable, bumpers, winch, lights and so on....

I have the lifetime powertrain warranty too and I know that is a subjected debate but I need a place to get the fluids changed and such and I'd prefer to keep that subjective warranty in place if at all possible. My tools and everything else do not get here till Monday and I would prefer to have a place that i can take it as opposed to freezing my nuggets off in the driveway.

Also is there any other advice? When I replaced the fenders, I went through the under carriage with Por-15 pretty extensively to combat the rust from being in the salt air and such on the gulf coast, up here the stuff they put on the roads appears to tear some vehicles up. Any recommendations, I see that some people do like a bi-annual undercoating of some sort. Is that a gimmick or is there any worth to doing this? It has also been recommended to get a subscription to one of the car washes that do the undercarriage and run it through there multiple times per month. This sounds like a good idea if you live in the parking lot but having to drive on the same roads for 1-2 miles to get to the garage it would seem to defeat the purpose of the recent wash, wouldn't it?

Also, any recommendations for custom car audio and security as well as a tint shop? I need to get a remote start added to the sequoia and I am too old and had too many neck surgeries to be crawling under a dash to do it myself. And my front door tint on both jeep doors needs to be replaced.

I appreciate any tips, thoughts, help as this was a "rushed" relocation so everything has been a blur.
#skol
Zeus off road in Burnsville. The salt will kill a vehicle! Wash, wash, wash! All winter. I know some Jeepers up there I can put you in touch with I will reach out to them later this afternoon!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome to the Midwest!
Each Autumn, I spray the undercarriage with Fluid Film, which essentially is Lanolin in a rattle can. It sticks well and is better than nothing. I've avoided hitting the brake parts, and when I replaced rear pads at 64,000 miles, I also had to get a new caliper bracket due to its being badly rusted. So maybe the FF really offers some protection in areas that are coated.

2015 JKU
Michigan

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I was just reading about Krown and there is a dealer about 3 hours away in Wisconsin so this could be an option. I am really surprised that there is not a dealer in the Minneapolis area though. The fluid film may be a possibility but after my joyous 2 week complete coating of the underside of the jeep with Por-15, I am inclined to say F that.... LOL. I had crap all over me, the driveway, the dog, kid too. That stuff DOES NOT come off of skin at all, it has to wear off.

The washing thing is odd to me, everyone says to get a subscription to one of the carwash places and keep it washed. Well hell, ok I wash it and then have to drive 2 miles through the stuff that I just wanted to wash off. Is there something that I am missing here?

No ma'am, no social media. I was single for a very long time and my wife was very sheltered is the safest way that I could put it. I created a few accounts one day and they were deleted a few hours later.... Remember National Treasure, Nicolas Cage's statement "according to them I was too cavalier in my lifestyle".... (or however it was stated)

I got hosed on reaching Zues offroad, they closed at noon.I will try again on Monday. Trying to locate Lakeville offroad now, thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
I have reached out to a Jeep friend in St. Paul to see if there’s a Jeep group local that can get you more info. I’ve attached a photo of a place in Mankato (south of you). I used to live there and was gonna go to them for undercoating. You might call them.

I used Fluid Film in Maryland! Worked great against that nasty chemical concoction. Car washes do help. It does sound counterproductive but it isn’t.

Turn into your slide! Don’t brake just lift up the gas pedal on snow and ice. Snow is a blast to drive in in a Jeep. 4 hi on snowy roads is the bomb!
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1 Posts

Apple jeep in shakopee if you want to stay jeep

1 - 16 of 16 Posts